SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am getting the code P2175 Throttle Actuator Control System and thinking that the trottle body may be bad. I tried to clean it but it didn't help.
I also have a 06 V8 and was wondering if I can just install the one on 06 to 07 and try out if that helps the issue?
Would that be ok? Will it need a software update or programming? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hello all,

I am getting the code P2175 Throttle Actuator Control System and thinking that the trottle body may be bad. I tried to clean it but it didn't help.
I also have a 06 V8 and was wondering if I can just install the one on 06 to 07 and try out if that helps the issue?
Would that be ok? Will it need a software update or programming? Thanks in advance
Can you describe symptoms?

Yes that would be ok. They are the same part number for '06 and '07 #30622273
I don't know why swapping wouldn't work. It does not need to be programmed, it is not a module.

They look kind of expensive new. Maybe try erieVoVo or on ebay if that matters to you.

*edit* if it needs to be replaced. I can't speak to the code because I don't know the Volvo equivalent code to the generic code you posted. I just looked on my VIDA and there are several possible codes for the throttle body.
-also- check the charge level of your battery just in case it's low, batteries in these can cause weird things to crop up.

*you can download a copy of VIDA here: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?481385-VIDA-Dice-2014D-VM-Image-Download-Link
Then get a DiCE unit online ebay, amazon etc.
This is pretty essential to have for these cars

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
This part is indeed an electronic throttle module (ETM), called a throttle body in some parts of VIDA but ETM is the correct nomenclature. Should be able to do a direct swap with a same PN, nothing noted for programming after replacement.

I'm not following the P2175 code, if you connect something that'll read Volvo code (like ECM xxxxx) you'll probably see exactly what the vehicle thinks is the issue. How old is the battery in this vehicle?

**Looks like ECM-P217500 code below is correct.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It looks like the code might be ECM-P217500 Throttle Actuator Control System - Low Airflow Detected
I looked it up here: https://obdii.pro/en/code/P2175

VIDA says possible sources are:
-Other DTC's stored in the ECM
-Throttle sticking or blocked
-Contact resistance or oxidation in the connector terminals
-Damaged throttle unit

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just picked up the car and no date on the battery. I have a battery charger which also does reconditioning. I did that and recharged it, took about two days, the multimeter read about 13. I swapped the battery anyway with my 06 to make sure I am not dealing with battery issues and got the same results.
I am also having bunch of other codes, I have a thread for that too in here but I didn't get a decent feedback. I've contacted Xemodex and they suspect I may have a bad ECM.
I am going to try to swap the ETM and the yaw rate sensor and check it again. Thanks for the inputs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts