SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after over 50 years馃槯 of driving I have always bought off existing inventory, never custom ordered a new car before. I鈥檓 looking for a 2020 v60 cc Crystal White Metallic, maroon brown interior fairly well loaded. If I order this from my dealer what amount percentage wise should I expect to get off? Is there much leverage in ordering especially compared to buying off the lot. Hope this is an appropriate question here, did a search but couldn鈥檛 find an answer.
Thanks,
JT

Registered
I did a custom order on my V90, there isn't any initiative right now on the V90. Unless any deals came up during the waiting period, I will hhave to pay the MSRP. Your case might be different tho

Registered
Try OSD (oversea delivery) and the price is 8% off, $3.6k less than MSRP. For new model year it is very nice, plus the vacation in Europe. :)

http://www.flyvolvo.com/V60CrossCountryMY20.pdf
I鈥檒l second that motion.

In my 50+ years of driving I never custom ordered a car (successfully...but that鈥檚 another story), but after my cancer diagnosis I treated myself. Got lucky, since an extra discounted price showed up just before ordering, saving us even more money over the OSD price list on a V90. Had a fabulous trip to Sweden and we鈥檒l do it again when my fair lady鈥檚 鈥07 V70 is due for replacement.

I don鈥檛 know how much Volvo paid British Air for our round trip from Seattle, but free round trip transportation to Sweden was quite a bonus for buying a new car. We saved enough that we treated ourselves to a Rhine River Cruise with Viking. Great fun!

Registered
Try OSD (oversea delivery) and the price is 8% off, $3.6k less than MSRP. For new model year it is very nice, plus the vacation in Europe. :)

http://www.flyvolvo.com/V60CrossCountryMY20.pdf

My 2020 S60 (T6 Inscription, AWD, Polestar) was built in SC. I joked with my dealer that they should have a mainland OSD service, because it would be quicker for me to go get it and drive it back than to wait for the absurd delivery system. Turns out they are putting one together, and you will be able to drive it on their test track! Not sure how much you will save, but that would have been fun!

Registered
My 2020 S60 (T6 Inscription, AWD, Polestar) was built in SC. I joked with my dealer that they should have a mainland OSD service, because it would be quicker for me to go get it and drive it back than to wait for the absurd delivery system. Turns out they are putting one together, and you will be able to drive it on their test track! Not sure how much you will save, but that would have been fun!
Wow, good news! Great excuse to tour the factory and drive cross country...

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

Registered
So after over 50 years馃槯 of driving I have always bought off existing inventory, never custom ordered a new car before. I鈥檓 looking for a 2020 v60 cc Crystal White Metallic, maroon brown interior fairly well loaded. If I order this from my dealer what amount percentage wise should I expect to get off? Is there much leverage in ordering especially compared to buying off the lot. Hope this is an appropriate question here, did a search but couldn鈥檛 find an answer.
Thanks,
JT
Dealerships get more out of selling cars off the lot or custom ordered cars than they do with OSD. If you are not interested in the time commitments for OSD you should be able to use the program for discounts on a custom ordered car. Years ago we wanted to custom order and mentioned OSD (did not want to travel at that time) and the dealership matched the OSD pricing. We initiated the custom order that day. They intercepted a vehicle that matched our order (with a few extra add-ons) which was on a ship and we had it a month later. Might be worth a try.

Registered
Test Track? Just like the one in Gothenburg I bet! Lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to close the loop on this thread that I started. I ended up custom ordering a 2020 v60 cc Crystal White Metallic, blonde interior, advance and cross country pro packages, heated steering wheel and Harmon Kardon upgrade. Got 9% off of msrp and now the wait begins. Interesting side note there was one available with everything I wanted except the audio upgrade in CT (I am in MA) but the dealer wouldn鈥檛 budge much on price so I ended up getting my set up for $1000 less than the CT one and the $800 audio upgrade. Kinda glad it鈥檚 over, gets old searching for a specific car and not getting anywhere. I thought the dealer I dealt with did a good job, no screwing around with numbers. I leased and he gave me the current Volvo terms for the lease, didn鈥檛 tack on to the Money Factor or residuals. Volvo will take my current 2017 v60 cc with 7 months left on the lease for no charge and assume the balance as long as I roll into a new Volvo. Thanks to all who commented here.
JTMav

Registered
Just to close the loop on this thread that I started. I ended up custom ordering a 2020 v60 cc Crystal White Metallic, blonde interior, advance and cross country pro packages, heated steering wheel and Harmon Kardon upgrade. Got 9% off of msrp and now the wait begins. Interesting side note there was one available with everything I wanted except the audio upgrade in CT (I am in MA) but the dealer wouldn鈥檛 budge much on price so I ended up getting my set up for $1000 less than the CT one and the $800 audio upgrade. Kinda glad it鈥檚 over, gets old searching for a specific car and not getting anywhere. I thought the dealer I dealt with did a good job, no screwing around with numbers. I leased and he gave me the current Volvo terms for the lease, didn鈥檛 tack on to the Money Factor or residuals. Volvo will take my current 2017 v60 cc with 7 months left on the lease for no charge and assume the balance as long as I roll into a new Volvo. Thanks to all who commented here.
JTMav
Nice choice, congratulations!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts