SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked in the manual and did not see the answer. I have auto-tilt when in reverse set in my profile. When I select reverse they tilt as expected. But many times but not all the time they will revert back to normal position. I have asked for them to be looked at at my regular service which was today. The service writer said that they will tilt back to normal when I stop. But that doesn't seem to be the case. I tested it in my driveway and most of the time the mirrors stay tilted when I stop. But I seem to find that if I lift off the gas and don't engage the brake, the mirrors will tilt back up to normal.
So my questions are:
Do other peoples mirrors revert to normal position when you stop reversing? Or was the service writer feeding me a line?
Do others have issues with the mirrors reverting to normal position while still backing up?

·
Registered
917 Posts
I’ll ask the obvious, are you putting the gear shift into drive?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, I am always moving in reverse. They will of course revert to normal when I move the lever out of reverse, but the issue I am having is always when I am moving.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I haven’t had a problem whilst reversing but I don’t prefer it to tilt automagically. I only tilt the side I need manually.

And yes mine reverts once I stop after a few seconds. I don’t recall if it happens before or after I have placed in park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I did not have this problem - my mirrors would get back to the original position. But I saw some posts a while ago on the XC90 forums about people complaining about this same issue. You might want to look over there... not sure what the outcome was.

Yet, I found the whole system pretty awkward. The angle the mirrors would point to was just not right, so I disabled it pretty soon after purchasing the car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I never use this feature so im not sure but on most cars they will stay in the tilt position until you take the car out of reverse. I'd assume it would be the same with the volvo system.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody. I need to do some more experimenting to see if there is a pattern to them moving or if it is random.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine stays tilted as long as I'm in R. Shift into D and it soon goes up.

Also, FWIW, you can quickly tilt either mirror down (in case you don't have auto-tilt set on that side) by double tapping the L or R mirror button when in reverse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did not have this problem - my mirrors would get back to the original position. But I saw some posts a while ago on the XC90 forums about people complaining about this same issue. You might want to look over there... not sure what the outcome was.

Yet, I found the whole system pretty awkward. The angle the mirrors would point to was just not right, so I disabled it pretty soon after purchasing the car.
The tilted angle is adjustable. Adjust your mirror when it's tilted, and the car will remember the tilted setting. I also found the default tilted angle not practical.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ha ha ha, at least in the Greek Market we do no have to worry about this issue because (although it is a matter of activating a software switch), the car in order to have the tilting function while reversing you need to order it with electric driver seats. Why this combination alone works go figure. I have folding power mirrors, with tinting mirror glass and extra puddle lights, BUT the most basic function that almost any car in the world has to tilt the mirrors in reverse is not available. Even with the double press on the L or R is not working. Thank you Volvo Greece.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The tilted angle is adjustable. Adjust your mirror when it's tilted, and the car will remember the tilted setting. I also found the default tilted angle not practical.
I tried adjusting the tilt angle when backing up but it's not sticking unfortunately, did you have to do something special for it to get memorized?

Do you have automatic tilt enabled?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried adjusting the tilt angle when backing up but it's not sticking unfortunately, did you have to do something special for it to get memorized?

Do you have automatic tilt enabled?
I have automatic tilt enabled on the passenger side. I adjusted that tilted angle when I was in reverse gear. After finishing the adjustment, I simply switched back to other gears.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I didn't realize it would save the adjustment. If I ever get my car functional again, I'll test it out, thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts