SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my new 2009 V70 3.2 from dealer stock, it didn't have the option of Sirius Satellite radio installed. At that time, it didn't seems to be a big deal. Several months ago, my wife changed her job and the commute takes much longer than the old job. She started complaining about nothing good on the radio. Therefore, I'm looking into installing a Sirius Satellite radio on this car.
After searching around the web, I came up with two different part# for this Sirius Satellite radio part.
One is part#30737800, which can be seen here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VOLVO-S...VER-KIT-XC70-V70-/120616656918#ht_3858wt_1139
Volvo UK site has an instruction for S80, but the eBay site says this one works with V70:
http://accessories.volvocars.com/Ac...nt/ShowIiDocument/VCC-288201-1/S80_(07-)_2010

Another part#31316199, which costs a lot more than the one above, can be found on Volvo US Accessory site:
http://accessories.volvocars.com/Ac...9/3.2/Automatic/L.H.D/ShowDocument/VCC-428501
They don't have the installation instruction for V70, but they do for V60 and S60.

Are these two parts any different? The first one is being sold on eBay for just $50. The second one is around $270. I'm thinking about buying it online and having my dealer installed it for me. How do I know if my car is pre-wired for Satellite? Any tip or suggestion is welcome.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
If you're not prewired you CANNOT wire it afterwards.
You may as well buy a standard dash mount Sirius or XM and use a converter (if anyone makes one for these cars) and do it that way.
If no one makes a converter for these, you can always go with FM modulation
After the 2007 models (08 and newer as I understand it), if the car did not come with SAT prep you cannot install a cable like you could on the 05-07s.

Did you bother to read this or just glaze over it?
Note!
The car shall be equipped with SAT-prep. from the factory. Option code: 682, Variant family; VR-02 (PIE).

It boils down to is your car equipped with SAT PREP or not?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's one thing I wasn't sure about is this Option 682. I didn't know if my car had it or not.
I guess I'm out of luck now. Maybe buy a new car... Too bad they don't bring V60 to the states....

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
That's one thing I wasn't sure about is this Option 682. I didn't know if my car had it or not.
I guess I'm out of luck now. Maybe buy a new car... Too bad they don't bring V60 to the states....
Go to your local Volvo retailer (if you do not have the original window sticker) and have them do a warranty inquiry; they will tell you in a second if your car was built with Satellite Radio prep.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked my original window sticker and found no mention of that Sat Prep option listed.
I just ordered an Onyx Sat radio and will need to figure out where to put that little Sat antenna and how to route the cable neatly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts