SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

When you turn your AC on, are you able to hear the AC motor. The best I way I can describe it, it sounds like a tractor motor, just not as loud. Additionally, I can hear the sound of the motor go in and out. It is subtle, but definitely can hear it in the cabin. This doesn't happen all the time, but it has happened quite a bit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nope, but the AC power is much smaller than my x5 and a Q7 I drove, I am in the northwest area, put the AC on 75 but slowly heat to that level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I cannot hear the AC at all in my XC90. However, I remember trying one with ventilated seats set at max and remember I could hear an annoying motor noise. So I decided to get one without ventilated seats!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot hear the AC at all in my XC90. However, I remember trying one with ventilated seats set at max and remember I could hear an annoying motor noise. So I decided to get one without ventilated seats!
Thanks, I have the Momentum which doesn't have the ventilated seats.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Hi all,

When you turn your AC on, are you able to hear the AC motor. The best I way I can describe it, it sounds like a tractor motor, just not as loud. Additionally, I can hear the sound of the motor go in and out. It is subtle, but definitely can hear it in the cabin. This doesn't happen all the time, but it has happened quite a bit.
AC motor? Are you talking about the fan or the compressor? Both are distinctly different noises.
If you're talking fan, it's quite loud, but not "tractor'ish" in any way.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AC motor? Are you talking about the fan or the compressor? Both are distinctly different noises.
If you're talking fan, it's quite loud, but not "tractor'ish" in any way.
Reeg2, it is definitely not AC fan, that sounds normal. It may be the compressor, it sounds like a motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts