SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there was a little bit of a discussion on the quad zone control in another thread but didn't want to hijack that thread. I noticed on a late night drive that the cabin especially in the driver's seat was unusually cold. I had the driver's/passenger side both set at 73, and the rears were set at a similar temp. I kept feeling cool air hitting me and couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. I finally figured it out that it was coming out of the upper vents that hit the windshield for defrosting. The outside temperature was in the mid 40's. I normally leave the climate system on auto and forget about it with the A/C always on. Does anyone else have this where cold air is being blown through the upper vents? Defrosters were not set to on.

I also noticed that for the rear controls even set at the maximum blower speed that the air does not come out any faster than the front settings. I'm used to my Ford Flex that have manual rear climate controls where you can adjust fan speed, temperature, and direction, but it appears the Volvo just has one blower for four of it zones?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had something slightly similar happen to me yesterday. Except cold air was flowing out of all the vents, even if I set the temperature to max.
I fiddled with the settings (turned off AC, changed the air flow) then turned automatic climate control back to on. That must have reset it, because within 10 seconds warm air was flowing from the vents.
I must have hit some bug. Maybe your problem with it being cold in the car was something similar?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I reported this in another thread, I did notice that setting the heat to 82 or whatever the highest numbered temp is, seemed to have a more immediate effect than setting it to high/max.

Also the engine does seem to need a minute to warm up before it can crank heat. So a delay is not unusual.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also the engine does seem to need a minute to warm up before it can crank heat. So a delay is not unusual.
I gave it enough time, about 10 minutes. After I got it to "reset", I had warm air flowing almost instantly at a normal temperature setting.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I noticed the "not so automatic" temp regulation. My wife finally just hit the panel and turned off the A/C. Seemed to work. I am just used to "automatic temp" being automatic. What's the trick?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts