SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My search abilities are failing me today, plus work is slow and I'm curious what SS thinks. Has anybody put a custom quad exhaust setup on a V70R? I'm contemplating trying it...figuring I'll find (or custom make) a right side trim piece and then have an exhaust shop do the piping.

Does such a setup exist? Thoughts?

Something like this thread?

VST has a bumper that's in Japan...expensive to ship.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
604 Posts
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?57884-VST-Dual-Exhaust-for-V70R

Quoted from IPD, but this was 4 years ago...maybe you can see if it is something they can still inquire about, but it is expensive?

"The exhaust is $1800 and the body kit with the twin outlets in the rear skirt is also $1800. Importing would run approximately $500. A bit less if we include it in a scheduled sea shipment.
Please let me know if you'd like more info. "

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah..that's crazy. I emailed CF works about a fiberglass passenger side trim piece...we'll see what that costs. I swear there was a post about someone with a red S60R who fabbed their own trim piece...but I can't find it any more. Going that route plus a custom exhaust from a local shop would probably be under the $2500 that the VST solution would cost. No way I could clear that with the wife. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
A few people have done this on V70Rs and S60Rs, I'm currently en route to doing it, already bought and painted the rear exhaust cut-out, just need the catback system, which I already bought the two magnaflow mufflers. We shall see...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely post back...I'm curious in particular about where you put the mufflers and route the piping. Are you using a sport kit S60R? Where'd you source the exhaust cutout?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Definitely post back...I'm curious in particular about where you put the mufflers and route the piping. Are you using a sport kit S60R? Where'd you source the exhaust cutout?
Yes I have the factory sport kit, and I got the exhaust cutout from George at ViVa Performance. I don't think it's listed on his site, just email him. I'm going to a similar setup that George from CFWerks is running, mine is going to probably be 3" to the rear axle, split with a Y adapter, two mufflers and a bend to dual tips on both sides.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gotcha. That's what I'm thinking as well...but as the V doesn't have the sport kit, it'd be getting a trim piece made to match the driver's side one, painting it a dull black to match and then something like what you've described at the back. I'm a bit concerned about the room for the mufflers...but as I'm stuck inside at work today, I haven't really had a change to look under the car yet.

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
I think the first person to do a retrofit of the S60 Body kit onto an V70R will get serious props. But yeah, the dual exhaust panel is available from both CFWerks and George @ Viva.

You should also check out Lowenhart's Porsche 996 Tips dual exhaust on his car.

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
These cars have more ground clearance than we give them credit for. My car is lowered on Eibachs and The rear sport kit is still like 10 inches off the ground.
I believe the 05+ are a little lower. The rear is not very close to the ground. The front winglets were significantly lower though.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the first person to do a retrofit of the S60 Body kit onto an V70R will get serious props.
Definitely. I've never loved the way the panel goes under the pipes...has always looked too japanese for me. Not that that's a bad thing...just never thought it was right for the VR.

Plus, this is going to have to be on the inexpensive side to get it past the wife, so no crazy innovation for me. I did Plasti-Dip and metalic sparkle my winter pegs though...inspired by your project. Putting them on tomorrow morning. And I FINALLY finished relocating the 4C buttons...I should probably post some pictures of both projects for posterity.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I was doing a search and I came accross this:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SILENCIEUX-I..._trkparms=algo=LVI&itu=UCI&otn=2&po=LVI&ps=63
I have never heard of this brand but this is the only quad tip exhaut I have seen other than the custom made ones.
I've seen that system before. It looks decent, apart from the fact that they decided to use 2.75" tubing (70mm), rather than 3" tubing. http://www.quality-tuning.com/index...category_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=17

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.