SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends

I'm thinking about trading in my truck for a Prius which means that I will need to get a hitch installed on my XC90 V8 so that I'll be able to pull a trailer. This also means that it would be a good time to upgrade to the quad exhaust that Volvo offers. I'm a bit worried that it will be too loud. Should I be? My wife normally drives the car and I don't wont anything that is gonna annoy her on her daily 80 km commute.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
it is all looks, no louder than the dual.

·
Registered
219 Posts
it is all looks, no louder than the dual.
Absolutely correct I was considering this upgrade to my V8 sport, it's pricey and it's purely cosmetic, no HP gain or change to the flow I actually had the dealer fire up a used R they had on the lot so that I could compare it -it does look very nice though when the complete kit and new valence is installed. The deal breaker for me was not so much the price but the loss of the spare and how lousy run-flat tires are in the 19" 255/50/19 size

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You could always carry a bottle of Slime and a small compressor. When not in use you could store them next to the battery under the floor.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You could always carry a bottle of Slime and a small compressor. When not in use you could store them next to the battery under the floor.
That's what we do.

I don't have experience with the non r-design exhaust, but when itwontstopsnowin installed his quad exhaust he said there was a difference between the two. The quad exhaust is certainly not too loud. Only time we get complaints is when someone is in the third row and driving around town at lower rpms. My wife mostly drives the XC and she has never said a bad thing about the exhaust note.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The only difference he noted was a deeper, growlier note. Not much, if any sound increase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts