SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So after getting word on the price of IPD's new exhaust system, it looks like I'll be going to custom turbo back route. I would love to do a quad system, but the issue is that I have an '04 without the body kit...so I have the textured plastic surround with the trim piece around the current single exhaust exit. I need some opinions from you all on how or if I should approach this.

I don't have a problem cutting my bumper, but my trepidation has to do with having a raw cut on the right side while having a nice stock looking moulded exit on the left side. I don't want this to look like a hack job. I know that cfwerks makes a cf replacement for the left-hand trim, but nothing for the right.

What should I do? Should I cut the right hand side and just accept that it won't look perfect? Or does anyone have any experience with options for the right hand side trim piece? If someone has the tools and skills to make up a piece for me, there might be some motivation in the form of $$ for said person :)

Thanks for the input

Evan

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Get the OEM body kit.

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks! This is pretty much exactly what I want - http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?26330-S60R-dual-exhaust

Here's a photo from Blot's build of the outline of rear trim piece would go:

Does anyone know who makes this type of muffler? This would be perfect:

If I could replicate this exactly using available parts, that would be perfect. I think this was the $1800 Heico system that he installed, but obviously that's way too steep.

Blot said that he was having a hard time finding anyone that could make that plastic trim piece, and I don't know if he was ever able to. But I'm trying to do exactly what he's trying to do:

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Awesome, thanks! This is pretty much exactly what I want - http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?26330-S60R-dual-exhaust

Here's a photo from Blot's build of the outline of rear trim piece would go:

If I could replicate this exactly using available parts, that would be perfect. I think this was the $1800 Heico system that he installed, but obviously that's way too steep.

Blot said that he was having a hard time finding anyone that could make that plastic trim piece, and I don't know if he was ever able to. But I'm trying to do exactly what he's trying to do:

Yeah that's the Heico system...overpriced and poorly designed IMHO. It's similar to the old V70R that had the exhaust go to 1 muffler, and than go back over to the other side. Whereas it should actually be a Y type situation.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's one more photo, supposedly Blot's final product. Holy hell that's sexy. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
719 Posts
This is a custom exhaust done by a shop here in MD.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
i see fried DEMs in your future.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
A little resurrection here...but would it be easier to by the lower trim from a standard s60? It's got just a cutout for it's single pipe. It would be nothing to cut and roll that part and then do the same on the other side.

I'm considering that option if I can't get my hands on a sport kit...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Would this be easier on a 2005 considering the 2005+ models do not have exhaust trim on the cars without sport packages?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Definitely easier on an '05+, they don't have the trim piece

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
This guy (Ian) Used to bring pain to the students of UNH while my S60R still had stock exhaust. I have no idea how, but his must have been at least 10db louder than mine is now. He got his setup for ~$400.
Tee hee....wait till you hear mine.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
more weight, same or less performance. Why?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
i see fried DEMs in your future.
There's an old thread on this forum where guys cut a little heat shield which served them well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts