SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A: Yup. :)

Took this pic last week, thought this group might get a kick out of it. Used the Sonic VR to help get a new acquisition back to Denver from Houston.

Bonus points if you can guess the year, make and model of the car on the tow dolly. :)

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Totally unrelated question... Are those the silver load bars or the black ones? I'm trying to figure out which look the best on an R. I'm leaning towards silver because it'll match my wagon... but might look weird with black rails.

·
3,959 Posts
Alfa maybe mid to early 70s

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, it's a Fulvia but it's a very early Series 1 model, 1966. By '74-'75 Fiat had taken over Lancia and stripped out / cheapened the Fulvia.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I often tow about a ton around with my R which is part of the reason for my choice of recent work and mods. Will be doing something similar when my daughter is soon old enough to drive, will be hauling her first car from CO to CA for her.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I figured that Stealthy would chime in regarding the towing capabilities of these cars. Seems the R is no slouch! I have seen Lexus LFA's, Veyrons, and any number of Bentley's and Rolls on the road but I've never seen a Lancia in full metal. They're quite a bit before my time but the styling of this coupe reminds me of the BMW 2002 and the MB 250SL. Good looking cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts