SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Q about R Key Fob (stevopike)

You should have one for any year of the current model R.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Q about R Key Fob (MASH)

Quote, originally posted by MASH »
What is "FOB"

IMO, he's referring to that hunk of a thing that Volvo calls a key.

The standard black plastic backing is removed and a silvery R one is put in its place.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Q about R Key Fob (MASH)

Quote, originally posted by MASH »
2004 S60R GT No R on the key

Check your glove box or ask your dealer. You should have one for each fob.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts

Found several threads in the archives but unfortunately all the pics in them are inactive. If the key backs are not in your glove box then your salesman or prep guy kept them for himself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: Q about R Key Fob (vintagemilano)

Quote, originally posted by vintagemilano »
If the key backs are not in your glove box then your salesman or prep guy kept them for himself.

I nearly didn't get mine, until I asked where they were before leaving the lot. Salesman says, "Oh, they're on my desk, I'll go get them."

So make sure they give them to you. It's stupid that the Fob doesn't come with it already on there. You get the regular Volvo backs, and are given additional R ones.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Re: Q about R Key Fob (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »
IMO, he's referring to that hunk of a thing that Volvo calls a key.

The standard black plastic backing is removed and a silvery R one is put in its place.

well, it is extra klunky but the added torque and horsepower that additional R badge brings to the car more than makes up for it

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Q about R Key Fob (kenschel)

Quote, originally posted by kenschel »

well, it is extra klunky but the added torque and horsepower that additional R badge brings to the car more than makes up for it

Personally, I would swap that klunk for a good old key with transmitter. At least I could add some keys to the chain without banging my kneecap. Oooops.....it's a safety thing. I forgot.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Quote, originally posted by stevopike »

the biggest pain is replacing that small ring that connects the fob to the keyring. i think i spent a good half hour trying to replace that (the fob was cracked which made it worse).

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts

If the key backs are not in your glove box then your salesman or prep guy kept them for himself.

Exactly. Because we're dealing with salespeople here, and we all KNOW that EVERY salesperson is a thief and a liar. Obviously it's entirely impossible that the dealership just simply didn't receive the R backs when the vehicle came in . . . after all, Volvo is 100% perfect ALL THE TIME in making sure everything arrives with every vehicle.

So if you bought an R and didn't get your R key fob backing, why don't you go pummel your lying salesman for stealing what's rightfully yours!!!? After all, the salesman HAD to have stolen it . . . that's what they do, right?

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Q about R Key Fob (R Salesman)

Quote, originally posted by R Salesman »

Exactly. Because we're dealing with salespeople here, and we all KNOW that EVERY salesperson is a thief and a liar. Obviously it's entirely impossible that the dealership just simply didn't receive the R backs when the vehicle came in . . . after all, Volvo is 100% perfect ALL THE TIME in making sure everything arrives with every vehicle.

So if you bought an R and didn't get your R key fob backing, why don't you go pummel your lying salesman for stealing what's rightfully yours!!!? After all, the salesman HAD to have stolen it . . . that's what they do, right?

I think that sums it up well yes..

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: Q about R Key Fob (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
I think that sums it up well yes..

Yep! That's gotta be the only possible cause for missing R fobs.

It's the attack of the salemen! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Run for your lives!!!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Re: Q about R Key Fob (R Salesman)

Quote, originally posted by R Salesman »

Oh well hey....
No worse than the salesmen that failed to deliver a car to their dim witted customers and keep it for themselves....

We've all seen the threads on here about the people that got cars delivered without the key back and some without the atacama owners manual binder. All the good salemen know that all R's left the factory with these so..... one conclusion one can draw is that these items have turned into souvigniers along the cars journey to the owner. Not likely the salesman all that often as I'm sure there are quite a few people that have access to the car before the owner.
We all know there is good and bad in every profession, one of those things we all have to deal with on a daily basis.

Peace,

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts

Peace,

Peace accepted. In my experience, the ONLY time one of my R customers did not receive the R backing (or the Atacama leather folder) was when it wasn't shipped with the vehicle.

For instance, Volvo just recently changed how the DVD's are sent with the cars with NAV. Before, the retailer had to order the NAV disc directly from Navteq whenever a NAV car came in. Now, they're supposed to be included with the car in the back . . . but sometimes they're not there when we receive the car . . . big mess. Happens on occassion.

Oh well . . .

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Funny with my R key. When I picked the car up in Goteborg the R backing was on. If you look at the picture on my website of me driving 140 MPH on the Autobahn you'll see the R badge.
When I picked up the car at the dealership about 8 weeks later the R badge was missing! I think that someone at the port took it. Maybe someone at the dealership. I told my salerep and she promptly got me another ( wow, the price would have been $20 had I lost it).

As for those who don't like the R key. I really don't find it much bigger than my brother's Audi A4 key, or my neighbor's Passat key. What's the problem. I love the switchblade key. Just last week I had a V50 for a loaner car and I didn't like the strange little key. I much prefer the R key.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.