SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I bought a 1958 pv445 a few months ago in rough shape. It came with a hood and hinges, but the hinges were not attached. I can't figure out where they bolt in. It looks like they should attach to the sides of the radiator support, but there are no holes. If someone could let me know and perhaps send me a photo of where the 444/445 style hinges attach to the car, I'd be much obliged. Thanks, Grant

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a '57 PV444.

Mine attach by a bolt that runs through to the front fender well. For example, on the driver's side, if you get down near the tire and are looking forward under the fender, it is high and to the right of the headlight - almost in that upper corner. There is some sort of grommet that is supposed to be there, perhaps part 66089. But that is listed as a rubber grommet, and I think it might need to be more like a metal bushing. Mine is worn and I need to repair, but it is very hard to reach.

On the inside, it seems to attach at a point outside of the grill. Another rather inaccessable location when the grill is still on the car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Maybe this will help.
z.jpg
z1.jpg

Basically it's a bolt, a nut and a few washers that fit through the larger holes in the fender wells. I have a B16 544 and didn't like the design. So, I made my own mounting bracket.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Gearbasher, where did you find the parts diagrams in English? If electronic, do you have a link.

Derek sent me a lot of materials in electronic format. I haven't found a parts diagram in English, only Sweedish. So I've been running to the sweedish - english translator, but a rather tedious endeavor.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Gearbasher, where did you find the parts diagrams in English? If electronic, do you have a link.

Derek sent me a lot of materials in electronic format. I haven't found a parts diagram in English, only Sweedish. So I've been running to the sweedish - english translator, but a rather tedious endeavor.
The Volvo Original Tech Pubs DVDs have English parts sheets, but they're not not free. VCOA members can buy them at a good discount however.

https://store.otpubs.com/volvo-original-technical-publication-dvds/

·
Registered
123 Posts
I own an original parts book (444/445), a copy of an original parts book (544/210 B18), an original shop manual (544 B16/18), but I mostly use a CD with all the manuals that I got from WWW.DUETT.NL Which I believe is now gone. If you run that address you get some sort of software site.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thank you Gearbasher. I guess I need to free some cash from my miserly grip and order up the parts catlogue as I am in need of the drawings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts