SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So last night we returned our 2016 XC60 T6(3.0) AWD Premier from it's lease for a 2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription. This is a massive upgrade when comparing the two XC60's to each feature content wise. We got excellent pricing and another wonderful experience at the dealer. I'm starting a build thread like I do with all my vehicles to keep track of what I've done to any issues I may have had for the community to reference.

Last Vehicle
2016 XC60 T6 AWD Premier
-Osmium Grey/Charcoal
-Sport Seats w/Charcoal Headliner
-Front Heated Seats
-19" Wheels
-Black Piano Inlays
-Protection Package

Current Vehicle
2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription
-Crystal White Pearl/Charcoal
-Advanced Pkg
-Nappa Leather w/Massage and Cooled front seats
-Sport Steering Wheel w/Charcoal Headliner
-Heated Wheel and Rear seats
-20" Wheels
-Protection Package

So far I have Ceramic Coated the entire exterior of the vehicle and looking to add the mudflaps soon.

Driving impressions to come when I actually spend more time behind the wheel, but so far so good and I love the new Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Sent from my Samsung S9+

·
Registered
223 Posts
It's beautiful - Good luck with it! How do like the larger and improved display/driver interface and all the new technology compared to your previous XC60?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Im looking at the exact car here in Maryland. I sent you a PM

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's beautiful - Good luck with it! How do like the larger and improved display/driver interface and all the new technology compared to your previous XC60?
Thanks! This XC60 is a huge upgrade over the last generation in almost every aspect; I guess some could argue the engine's not being 5 or 6 cylinders, but I'm quite happy with the new 2.0L T6 engine. The Tech is obviously a large step forward from the P3 XC60 (which not terrible, it worked and was stable, but lacked newer stuff like Touchscreen, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, larger screen, etc). Being that this is a 2019, I noticed the boot up time and screen response is much quicker than in previous SPA models I've driven from 2016-2018MY. This is due to the newer, faster processor.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Have to agree that while the 2.0 ST is adequate in power the harmonics of the 5 cylinder is far more entertaining and enthusiastic. I'll miss this mill.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have to agree that while the 2.0 ST is adequate in power the harmonics of the 5 cylinder is far more entertaining and enthusiastic. I'll miss this mill.
Yea the 5cyl definitely had a unique sound and it was especially nice sounding in my 2007 S60R with modifications and our 2013 S60 T5 AWD was always a pleasure to drive when we had it. Though my 3.0L T6 with an exhaust is wonderful to listen to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you apply the ceramic coating yourself or have it done professionally? If you had it done professionally, how much did it cost?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you apply the ceramic coating yourself or have it done professionally? If you had it done professionally, how much did it cost?
I do detailing as a side business and applied it myself. There are many different types of Ceramic Coatings so the pricing could range. The one I applied is from Hydrosilex and it's a spray on Ceramic Coating which if you can apply detail spray you can apply it yourself. I do suggest you correct your paint from paint swirls/defects.

Sent from my Samsung S9+

·
Registered
440 Posts
Subscribed*

I picked up MY19 T6 yesterday as well. Congrats! I have a few plans myself.

Agenda: Thinkware dashcam, rain deflectors, and OEM hitch install.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I do detailing as a side business and applied it myself. There are many different types of Ceramic Coatings so the pricing could range. The one I applied is from Hydrosilex and it's a spray on Ceramic Coating which if you can apply detail spray you can apply it yourself. I do suggest you correct your paint from paint swirls/defects.

Sent from my Samsung S9+
Nice. When I get my next XC60, I’ll hit you up for the same treatment. Congratulations :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Subscribed*

I picked up MY19 T6 yesterday as well. Congrats! I have a few plans myself.

Agenda: Thinkware dashcam, rain deflectors, and OEM hitch install.
Congrats on the new purchase! I love that color combo, and really had hoped they have a Crystal White/Maroon Brown combo when we first started looking, but my wife really wanted Charcoal. I wish I could have convinced her to want the Polestar tune, but it's really not necessary for her driving habits, but it would have been nice to have; we looked at 2 T6 R-Design models that both had it and I was pushing my wife towards the RD trim, but she didn't like/trust herself with the Nubuck seats.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice. When I get my next XC60, I’ll hit you up for the same treatment. Congratulations :thumbup:
Sounds good! As soon as you purchase it hit me up, better to get it on the vehicle as soon as possible.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! I love that color combo, and really had hoped they have a Crystal White/Maroon Brown combo when we first started looking, but my wife really wanted Charcoal. I wish I could have convinced her to want the Polestar tune, but it's really not necessary for her driving habits, but it would have been nice to have; we looked at 2 T6 R-Design models that both had it and I was pushing my wife towards the RD trim, but she didn't like/trust herself with the Nubuck seats.
I really do not understand that suede or whatever that fabric thats on the seats.....I would think it would stain very easy. 1 can always get the polestar added on later....or just do not tell her,lol

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks! I don't think you would regret the tune. I had it put on the XC90 and didn't tell my wife I was going to have it done while she was away on business.

She noticed right away and never changes from Comfort if that tells you anything. It feels a little different in the XC60 but the throttle response and mid range is something to experience. I'm looking for a place to have ceramic done locally and looking forward to what your plans are.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a place to have ceramic done locally and looking forward to what your plans are.
I just corrected a horrible job the dealer did put on some kind of protective coating on a SS members (Rumyn) 2018 XC60 T5 Inscription. Now he's got a beautifully ceramic Coated vehicle. You should look into getting CarPro's C.Quartz Ceramic Coating on your vehicle; it lasts a couple of years on the vehicle. I applied it to a 2018 BMW M3 a month ago and it's amazing stuff.

Sent from my Samsung S9+

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really do not understand that suede or whatever that fabric thats on the seats.....I would think it would stain very easy. 1 can always get the polestar added on later....or just do not tell her,lol
It's a "Sport Thing" adding the Suede to the seats, and if it were me I'd live with it because I want the R-Design trim line. The stuff Volvo uses is Synthetic material so it holds up very well and doesn't really stain, but I know a few people that have newer RD's with the Nubuck and their only complaint is lint/dust tends to stick to it and becomes noticeable if you don't regularly vacuum the seat. I won't be sneaking the Polestar tune passed her, kind of hard to hide a $1400 charge :nono: Like I said, she doesn't need it, nor cares about it for her driving habits; I just throw it in Dynamic when I drive it to have a little bit of fun, lol!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I just corrected a horrible job the dealer did put on some kind of protective coating on a SS members 2018 XC60 T5 Inscription. Now he's got a beautifully ceramic Coated vehicle.
Just wanna say thanks again :) (that's my wife's car there).
Dealership really did F it up pretty bad from the get go!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just wanna say thanks again :) (that's my wife's car there).
Dealership really did F it up pretty bad from the get go!
You're welcome! Glad I could fix their mistake, I really have no idea what they thought they were putting on the paint or if they even knew how to properly apply it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts