SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a Polestar XC90 experience more issues in the long run because the engine is being pushed harder?
I want to say no, otherwise Volvo wouldn't offer Polestar, but I don't have enough experience with this upgrade.

I understand it's merely a software tweak, but I am on the market for a MY16 XC90 and appreciate the Polestar performance after owning a new MY18 XC90 without Polestar.

I have an opportunity to purchase this low mileage XC90 with ~25,000 miles. This SUV was either a loaner or dealer car for 1yr, then a lease for 2yrs. Interior is immaculate and the vehicle rides very well.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You will get varying opinions, but likely no real proof as the SPA cars are just now turning 5 years old, so that keeps most under 100k miles. I have 45k on my P* equipped xc90, with no issues on the power train at all. Given Volvo backs the tune under its regular warranty, that gives me peace of mind.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good points and glad to hear you haven't had issues.

Is there a particular warranty that will keep me covered across the board for the next 5 years? Also, what's a good price to pay?

The manufacturers warranty expires in 11 months and the car has 27k miles if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've got 135'000Km on my MY16 with Polestar and no issues at all on the motor side. knocking on wood :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bought my 2017 with just over 24K miles and had Polestar installed before delivery. I have 45K on it now and so far just some SW reset issues, a door handle replacement and a window regulator (all warranty items). No hardware issues to speak of. I have driven both Polestar and non-Polestar. some of the updates are to do with how and when the transmission shifts. Yes, there is more power but not so much more power that you would pop anything. Time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts