SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Unsolicited tip - a lot of owners have failed to notice that there is a small compartment suitable for sunglasses to the left and below the steering. Just mention it in the event you had not already found it as I find it handy for transponder and sunglasses.
Many thanks for the tip! I almost bought the sunglass holder that replaces the handle on the driver side. This tip just saved me a little money as I had no idea this was there.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Many thanks for the tip! I almost bought the sunglass holder that replaces the handle on the driver side. This tip just saved me a little money as I had no idea this was there.
I didn't like the way the sunglasses fit in this compartment so I still put a sunglass holder, I never use my handle so it worked just fine for me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
They do suck the air in and it’s cooling you nicely when it’s working like it supposed to, anyway I have my car back, my advisor said that he will look through service bulletins and if he can’t find anything they’re taking my seats apart. I have the same problem as you, I can hear motors working but there is little effect. When I find anything I will let you know
I just heard from my advisor that they fix ventilation problem for now. Apparently when you adjust lumbar support, that mechanism may dislodge air duct in the seat. My advisor thinks that maybe design flaw but if it is I wonder why nobody except you and me complained about it. It’s possible that they have changed seat design after 2018, my car is March 2018 V90 inscription T5, does anybody else have issues with Volvo ventilated seats out there?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I didn't like the way the sunglasses fit in this compartment so I still put a sunglass holder, I never use my handle so it worked just fine for me.
Agree that it is just a tad to shallow, however, my sunglasses have some flex in them so not issue for me. But could see why it may be suitable for some but not for all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@WeeMan beautiful car!

If you do decide to sell the winter tires / wheels keep me in mind. I'm in Denver and considering a 2nd set of wheels just for that purpose, and from a quick search it appears the wheels are interchangeable with my '20 CC.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just heard from my advisor that they fix ventilation problem for now. Apparently when you adjust lumbar support, that mechanism may dislodge air duct in the seat. My advisor thinks that maybe design flaw but if it is I wonder why nobody except you and me complained about it. It’s possible that they have changed seat design after 2018, my car is March 2018 V90 inscription T5, does anybody else have issues with Volvo ventilated seats out there?
Sorry for high jacking your thread but I have update on vented seats issue, I was told over the phone that they fixed it, unfortunately when I picked up my car that vented seats were not better than before the fix. I went back, my advisor found 2021 XC60 with vented seats and it worked like in my car couple of years ago. I have left my car again to have it fix. Two days later I got a text saying that they found another 2018 and it is the same as my car, therefore there is no issue. I guess they could not do anything else but it is sad that Volvo is selling cars with features that work only couple of years even though the warranty is for four years.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts