SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you feel this pulsating im feeling ??

sometimes when developing speed engaging 2nd gear i feel some pulsating when turbo developing boost...

like in a half second boost builds then goes then it builds normally ...

TCV :S ?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yup, sent a thread out asking about it and didn't received any love back on the post. Guess it's a rare bird we're dealing with.

Read several threads that seem to be the same issue. Changed out the Fuel Pressure Sensor that some say fixed their issue, didn't fix it for me. Someone also mentioned it might be a leaking hose or some part of the tubing for the turbo.

Mine seems to run okay, much quiker to rap after the FPS was changed but full throttle still generates the pulsating sensation. Also feel it at coast sometimes but always at full throttle. Don't really feel it when mashing it just hard enough to pass someone. But hey, still getting 29-31 MPG on the highway so I'm not complaining, yet.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Boost leak or Tcv, I sometimes get what your describing. I have new hoses and a tcv just been to hot lately to work on the car. I will let you know if it fixes it once I get the time to install the tcv

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Do any of you feel this pulsating im feeling ??

sometimes when developing speed engaging 2nd gear i feel some pulsating when turbo developing boost...

like in a half second boost builds then goes then it builds normally ...

TCV :S ?
Sort of sounds like what I'm experiencing after replacing my TCV. I get a very quick pulsation when at high speeds (cruise control engaged) and under load. The turbo seems to "burp" in a sense, almost as if it kicked in too much too quickly. I'm hoping it's a constricted line as one of the lines had to be twisted quite a bit for me to get the TCV back onto the bracket. I will take that one off and reinstall in the next day or two and report back.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice to know im not the only one ...

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Re-installed my TCV so the lines weren't so twisted, and I'm still getting the pulsating at high speeds under load. It comes and goes, again, like the turbo kicks in to maintain speed but it's a quick pulse of boost and then nothing. Wish I had a gauge.

·
Registered
114 Posts
After installing the IPD TCV my car had a light case of parkinsons when I tried WOT the third day; seems to have leveled out a week or more later; do you still have the original TCV in? You can find them for $60 ish but IPD's seems to have actually fixed a couple issues for me from an original TCV, second gen TCV that looks like the Phuzzy.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
I'm wondering if I got a faulty part but how would I prove that to the dealer to get my money back for the part?

·
Registered
839 Posts
i get the same thing in 2nd, thought it might've been a bad mount. but it seems the consensus is TCV
anyone know how hard these things are to DIY?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
still no fix ?

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
TCV's are easy to replace, 3 hoses and 1 electrical. Just don't mix the hoses up...
Well, I wouldn't say easy (personally), more like "do-able" but a major pain in the arse since access is tight and removing the charge pipe can be hard depending on how the clamps are positioned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts