SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently performed an oil change, replaced plugs, faulty PCV hose and air filter. I had the dealer do the timing belt and fuel filter. I drove the car for a day no problems, now I have a check engine light on. I had the key in position 2 with the motor off and the drivers door open, I held the odometer button and the check engine light flashed eight times and 137 appeared on the message display (where you can get your gas mileage and average speed etc.) Is this equivalent to hooking up a code scanner? I went to the local autozone, and the kid there didn't seem to know his way around the scanner, it also didn't have a setting for the R, just a 2.5 liter motor. It gave a code 2188 and they didn't have any more information. I would like to avoid a trip back to the dealer, as they didn't notice the problem with the PCV hose which I asked them to inspect when replacing the timing belt...that and the whole pride thing of turning them down on the plug replacement and doing it on my own, then coming back to them with my tail between my legs.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
code 137 is the code that shows up when you clear your "Scheduelded maintenence" message on the DIM. Go back to autozone, and just use the same 2.5l motor setting. its the same engine as the s60 t5. Code 2188 indicates that the engine is running too rich. you have a vaccum leak somewhere or your MAF sensor is showing abnormal readings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts