Finally did it. Placed the following order:

• T6 R-Design
  • Osmium Grey Metallic
  • 22 x 9 - 5-Double Spoke Diamond Cut/Matte Black Alloy Wheels
  • Bowers & Wilkins Premium Sound System
  • Convenience Package
  • Vision Package
  • Air Suspension

Looking at a late January, early February delivery.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Congrats! The R-Design looks might fine - even though I ordered an Inscription. 2016 will be a good year for VCOA/VCNA get together to see the wide variety of models and options.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

• T6 R-Design
  • Osmium Grey Metallic
  • Convenience Package
  • Vision Package

Congratulations! It will be here before you even know it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Almost identical to my T8 - great choices!
No HUD?

• T6 R-Design
  • Osmium Grey Metallic
  • Convenience Package
  • Vision Package

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Almost identical to my T8 - great choices!
No HUD?
No HUD. I'm purchasing the car, the price with tax and extended warranty is slightly going over my budget.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts

• T6 R-Design
  • Osmium Grey Metallic
  • Convenience Package
  • Vision Package

Great choice... My is the same in Crystal White and added Climate and Air Suspension... It should arrive at Port of Baltimore by the end of October... Can't wait! And don't you worry, it will be exciting!!!;)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts

• T6 R-Design
  • Osmium Grey Metallic
  • Convenience Package
  • Vision Package

Get the air suspension. You'll definitely want it with those massive rims. And, for $1,800 bucks, it's a steal.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Get the air suspension. You'll definitely want it with those massive rims. And, for $1,800 bucks, it's a steal.
Personally, I'd easily skip the vision package for the air suspension.

·
Registered
192 Posts

• T6 R-Design
  • Osmium Grey Metallic
  • Convenience Package
  • Vision Package

And here I thought I was ballsy getting 21" without AIR......Congrats on your order!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Personally, I'd easily skip the vision package for the air suspension.
I'm coming from a 2002 Acura RSX. Driving the XC90 feels like an 18 wheeler. I need all the assistance I can get. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Congrats, OP!

Has anyone here ever owned a vehicle w/ air suspension for a long period of time? What does the down-the-line maintenance look like for an air suspension as it ages? (Not asking snidely...I genuinely don't know. I'd just assume that spring-based suspensions would be cheaper to repair, but don't really know).

·
Registered
109 Posts
It can be bad, but it can also be fine. It depends on the system. It was their air suspension systems that made late 90s early 00s range rovers essentially un-ownable after a few years. I had the air suspension go in my 07 bummer and it was quite expensive. That being said, there are plenty of cars hat have air suspension and you don't hear about them because hey don't have problems. Generally they're more expensive and can be more finicky, but it really does depend. I got the air suspension on my xc90 despite having had air suspension problems in the past, it just seemed worth the risk. I figure well know more by the time the warranty expires, so that at that point, if it seems like an issue, I can extend the warranty.

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats, OP!

Has anyone here ever owned a vehicle w/ air suspension for a long period of time? What does the down-the-line maintenance look like for an air suspension as it ages? (Not asking snidely...I genuinely don't know. I'd just assume that spring-based suspensions would be cheaper to repair, but don't really know).
There is like no maintenance cost and the front air springs survived like 220000 km and back air springs still work at 250000km+. To fix them with original parts is pretty expensive for the car (mercedes) it was about 2300 euro for the front air suspension to replace with oem parts but you can buy same quality for about 1400 euro from other manufacturer. But the roads in Belgium are pretty bad overall so maybe in another country you can drive 300000+ km with them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats Fringe! Between now and when your new baby arrives you can occupy yourself by reading up on the owners manual [available online] to familiarize yourself with the cars features. Be sure to check back in with the group as you start to track your vehicles progress during assembly and transport.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats Fringe! Between now and when your new baby arrives you can occupy yourself by reading up on the owners manual [available online] to familiarize yourself with the cars features. Be sure to check back in with the group as you start to track your vehicles progress during assembly and transport.
Thank you and I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats! The wait is well worth it (even though the last few days between port and dealer delivery are painful)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My dealer sent me an order activity report. Everything seems to be exactly what I ordered.

All the options listed are pretty easy to decipher except "METP." Anyone know what that is? Also, what does an order status of "PPF" mean?

Sent from my iPhone

1 - 20 of 49 Posts