SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I shorted something out when I accidentally pushed in an interior bulb too far, so I pull the panel by the rear view mirror down, pull out the bulb, and test the light. Nope not working. After I pushed in the bulb I couldn't get it out, had to head to work, and when I put the key in the ignition and the seat belt reminder doesn't stop dinging. Start the car, still dinging, put on my seat belt, still dinging.

So I get under the hood after I got home from work, pull off the 2 fuse covers, and read what does what, I pulled the seat belt reminder (#10) my antenna was broke when I bought the car, so I killed power to that too (#16), but after I opened the hood, there was a whining sound coming from what sounded like halfway down the motor on the drivers side. I looked through the main fuse panel and pulled the "drive train" fuse (#8)and that got it. I pulled a couple other fuses there as well

Now I turn the key and I have nothing, no interior lights still no headlights, didn't check the tail lights, I had parking lights. No control over the electricals at all! Anyone out there able to let me know how idiotic I am for blindly pulling the wrong fuses and what I can do about undoing this?

Someone, anyone, PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks!:confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it looks like I pulled from the main fuse section, #1,3,6,&8 of the row of 8. On the bottom row of 4, I pulled 2 & 3 (air pump & starter motor, I don't think it was #1 the main relay, but that is also possible) and from the blade fuses, I think it was 3,4,& 5.

:facepalm: hope that helps

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
You haven't said yet whether or not you put them back, but I'm assuming you did.

Sounds to me like you might have swapped values and blew one? Double check that they're all still good. If they are, the next thing to try is to put them all back in, make sure they're in right, then take the battery terminals off and let it set for a little bit to try and reset the computers. Other than that I can't imagine what else could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Haha, I thought the same thing, have you put them back in!?! If you have run through all of them and be sure they all have the right values that correspond with the diagram and then use a test light and make sure they are all still good!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, they are all back in, I haven't tried this morning yet, I'll try the battery disconnect. I only took out one at a time to try to get the noise to stop. I was reading the chart upside down at times, but #8 made the noise stop. Even though the car was off, maybe there was a charge? All the fuses looked fine when I took them out and put them back in. I just cant figure out why it won't stop dinging, even when I'm driving, it just continues to "ding ding ding ding...."

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whew! It started right up! Now back to the original minor issue of the seat belt alarm, and no interior lights... could that be caused by a fuse, maybe I shorted something out when I tried to install the dome light and accidentally pushed the bulb in too far. I bought this car a month ago with 42,308 miles on it I saw something about a nonworking electric seat (passenger electric doesn't work, and the driver side seat back wont move manually) but over all, it's fairly nice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So everything but the lights are working normal now, weird. Thanks for the replies guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts