SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pseudo NOOB with a few questions....looking to order 2012 xc70 T6

Bear with me folks - I am an experienced poster on BMW's and Mercedes forums, but pretty naive on the Volvo brand.

We have a 2010 XC90 R edition which we special ordered, and have been thrilled. Great car. Now, I am pondering replacing my 2007 Mercedes e63 AMG sedan with a new 2012 xc70 T6. Too many kids, too many golf bags/backpacks and whatnot, and with bikes and dogs that I want to transport (and not have to swap cars with my wife, who doesnt like the AMG much), I am thinking that the xc70 T6 might be a great option. I know it wont be a 507 HP engine like I have, but think that the "hauling gains" and an easier life will make the power reduction quite tolerable.

A few questions....

1. I am in the midwest - Kentucky area. Any good dealers out there that folks reccomend in the midwest? Bought the xc90 in Indianpolis, and will look there again, but if there were member dealers on the board whom I could get a price and spec out a car, I would be willing to drove 300-400 miles or so for a better deal.

2. Polestar - I read the threads - seems to make a nice little difference?

3. Adaptive Xenon light upgrade - any thoughts to share by those who did or did not chose the option?

4. For a custom ordered car, how long is the expected wait?

5. Any changes coming in 2013 which I should consider waiting on......?

Thanks for all thoughts......

- Pete

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
You're either a noob or not.
How can anyone be a psuedo noob? You are or you're not
and since when is KY the Midwest?

If you want to order a car and pick it up in PA, I can probably get you a great deal, but I'm sure you could come close and not have as much travel time and expense.
Jim
Email in signature

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Private email sent. Thx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts