SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone care to comment on ride quality and noise level of the PS All Season tires on your R? In the real world - I suspect they are very close to the PS2's. I know I give up some crispness in handling compared to the PS2 - but the extra life might be worth it. Plus, in Minnesota - it would allow me to postpone winter tire fitment.

Have only run the stock Pirelli's and as of late they feel very hard (seems noticeably worse as they have aged). Given that my VR has IPD track spec sways - with the hard ride of the Pirellis I am now in comfort mode most of the time. Would prefer to be in sport but it is a bit too rough causing some interior NVH, rattles, etc... Somehow, ride quality has become a bit harsh over the past year. More then I remember when I first installed the sways. I've seen in old posts that some people suggested that the PS All seasons provide a quieter and slightly more forgiving ride then the PZero's.

Thanks for feedback.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: PS2's vs. Pilot Sport A/S Plus (JTC)

Either one the ride will be much nicer and Michelins lose the "harhness"
I've run both (well the older PS A/S) and loved the all seasons for decent dry grip, great wet grip and fair light snow grip plus they will last 2 to 2-1/2 times longer, 30K miles or so http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
The PS2 will still be a 15-20K mile tire

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts

I would not postpone winter tire too much though. These new Michelins called AS Plus are very long
lasting and I would recommend them even over my old favorite the Nero M+S. They are really good
and Michelin spent a lot of money try to dominate in the category and I think they beat Goodyear at
it.

They are fairly different from PS2 in compound and are a little less like the PS2 than the older version
the replace because of the new harder compound. Not by much unless at the limit of adhesion. I would
maybe use a little less pressure in them for performance.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: PS2's vs. Pilot Sport A/S Plus (ampersons)

Quote, originally posted by ampersons »
Just put the Michelin's on this week. Noticeable improvement. So much so that the little dash rattles I had last week are now gone?!

Did you mount the A/S??? Care to comment on tire noise? I really need to deal with Pirellis - harsh as all get out lately??!!

·
Registered
326 Posts

I live in Minnesota and put the new PS A/S Plus on last October and love them. During the winter they were great, very effective in snow and on ice.
So far I have 15,000 miles on them and they show little wear. They are very quiet and, for me, excellent performance. I highly recommend them for an all season performance tire. I really like the 45,000 mile warranty. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: (Needsdecaf)

How would you know, the A/S PLUS tire is BRAND new,
I'm sure no has worn them down yet

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
How would you know, the A/S PLUS tire is BRAND new,
I'm sure no has worn them down yet

Yes. However tread design is virtually the same. Carcass and compound are different.

Plus, they are not alone on the list of tires that get noisy when they wear.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: (Needsdecaf)

Almost every A/S or high performance summer tire will become noisy when they get below 3/32", what else is new.
I found my PS A/S's to be just fine with 22K on them,
(after that I don't know, the R was sold)!

This is something eveyone has to live with with almost every brand of tire.
It's about that time to replace them anyway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.