SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,<p>I'm receiving a set of 18" Heico Vs next week and am wondering which tire to go with. The worst part of having Pirelli's on my stock 17s were the fact that i went through a set of four every 8 summer months or so. When it gets hot, the rubber just covers the road it seems and stays there.<p>I hear PS2s are great early on but go to hell after 10,000 miles or so. Also I hear they dont' last as long. <p>The Bridgestones seem like a safe inbetween performance and comfort/ bang for your buck. <p>The tire size is 235/40/18, let me know if there are other good choices. <p>

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: PS2 vs. Bridgestone Potenzas (GuelphVolvo)

Hi. You didn't ask about these, but I put on Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's on my V50 (225/45/17 on 17x7.5 Shuk W22s from Tirerack). I love these tires. They're arguably the best in wet (which I experienced firsthand), and are mighty fine for normal driving and spirited driving. They are apparently NOT good for track use, though.<p>My decision was based on enough reading of opinions to find that they are for me the best overall compromise of performance, lifetime, noise, wet versus dry, handling, road feel, etc.<p>I'm sure the PS2s and the Bridgestone tires are great also. Others say Kuhmos (seemingly cheaper) are good too.<p>My friend has a Lancer Evolution, which used to have the very expensive and loud Yokohama Advans. Now THOSE are sporty tires. But he got sick of replacing them and went with PS2s. The sloshier sidewall took him a bit getting used to, but then he reported that he thought they were BETTER than the Yokohamas for sticking. That seems to be typical these days - the performance tires are going to a bit softer sidewall for better predictable sticking / traction handling towards the limit.<p>Not sure if I really helped here...<p>This one helped me a lot.<br><A HREF="http://forums.audiworld.com/wheel/msgs/73796.phtml" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.audiworld.com/wheel/msgs/73796.phtml</A><p>Bassman<br>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts