SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a proud new owner of a 2012 XC60 3.2, FWD. So far, I am loving my new car. It is my first Volvo, too. I am looking forward to enjoying it for many years, and hoping for good reliability in the long term, coming from mostly Japanese cars!

Since I picked my car off the lot, it did not have a feature that I think I would like to have, which is the integrated booster seats. Do you know if that is something that can be added to the car (aftermarket or dealer)? my salesperson said it is not possible to get it after the fact, but I would like a second opinion. And, for those of you who may have it in your XC60, what has your experience been?

Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I love the integrated boosters for my kids. We had them in our V50 and couldn't see living without them in the XC60, so they were a must-have when we were shopping vehicles on the lot.

I would be very surprised if you could do this aftermarket, it would take a replacement of the entire rear seating area I would think.

Good luck, and welcome to Volvo!

·
Registered
540 Posts
If your car has heated rear seats you are probably out of luck. I know on the P2 platform (s60/v70/xc70) you could buy the seat bottoms with the boosters and swap them. I would ask the parts dept. if it is possible. They will need to know your interior color code, dont know where that data plate is on the xc60. We don't pick ours up until next week.

·
Registered
837 Posts
My guess is you could do it, but it would be seriously expensive. essentially, you would have to buy a new factory seat bottom (not sure about the back cushion) and perhaps some supporitn pieces. Installing it is probably easy, but the part itself might be prohibitively expensive.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have 2 kids, and still couldn't rationalize paying $500 **more** to have the booster seats instead of the heated seats included. I plan on keeping my car for the long-run, and quite frankly, having heated rear seats is far nicer than booster seats, and the heated seats will be used for far longer than the few years the kids need to be in boosters. Resale is also another issue where the heated seats are worth more there as well, and appeal to a wider audience.

Save yourself the money and spend $40.00 on after-market boosters, IMHO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for your feedback. I agree it would probably be too expensive at this point. I appreciate your replies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts