SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, thanks to the kind people of this board (and other similar) my wife and I were persuaded to purchase a 2002 Volvo S40 with most of the bells and whistles.

What I was shocked about is that the deals Volvo and the dealership offered. Our 2002 has the premium plus package and the cold package, with a sticker price of $28,350. We purchased the car for $22,350 + tax -- an amazing $6000 off of sticker.

No other car we tested could match up with the S40, especially at that price.

I'm happy to consider myself a Volvo owner -- and thanks for all of your posts that helped us make the decision!

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
That is a phenomenal deal. I've heard of discounts on leftovers, but that's in a different ballpark.

Volvo's sales the last few months have been crappy, so maybe they're getting down and dirty to get the numbers up.

That said, welcome and congrats on the new car. I hope you enjoy it immensely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too purchased this weekend!
I got similar deals (premium plus, cold weather, metallic paint) less than $23,000 but some of that was due to the fact that I am a Ford Employee in Detroit. Sound like you got a great deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure why we received such a great price on the S40. The dealer had advertised "up to $6000 off of MSRP" in the local newspaper, so that's what we offered and that's what they accepted.

The price was almost $1500 less than what we could have gotten from carsdirect.com and nearly $2000 less than the price we were quoted from a Volvo dealership in a neighboring city.

I will post pics soon -- until then, a couple of questions:

(1) Are there any special care hints anyone has for the early miles on the S40?

(2) Are there any resources on-line (or elsewhere) that goes beyond the manufacturer's documentation on the care and upkeep of the S40?

Thanks again!

Darryl

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome to the both of you! I'm not sure which you'll like more -- poking around here at Swedespeed or sitting in the driver's seat of your brand new S40! Ha ha. Okay, I know which one you'll like more, but the folks here are great, nonetheless. Welcome, and enjoy your new car!

[This message has been edited by Lisa62 (edited 07-09-2002).]

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi all! Greetings from Singapore! This is my very first post here. Just took delivery of my S40 2 weeks ago. Still very excited!

You won't believe how much MORE expensive it's to buy a car over here. I paid S$113,000 (that works out about US$65,000) for a 1.8L Sports Edition. I will have to pay about another US$1100 for road tax and insurance. Nevetheless, I'm a VERY Happy Volvo owner.

·
Premium Member
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by garvey:
Well, thanks to the kind people of this board (and other similar) my wife and I were persuaded to purchase a 2002 Volvo S40 with most of the bells and whistles.

What I was shocked about is that the deals Volvo and the dealership offered. Our 2002 has the premium plus package and the cold package, with a sticker price of $28,350. We purchased the car for $22,350 + tax -- an amazing $6000 off of sticker.

Congratulations!
And welcome!

You got a tremendous deal
; you are the beneficiary of pretty good timing. A $1,631 price reduction from Volvo of the Premium Plus package along with a $2,400 cash-back to the Retailers. That is more than $4,000 that you would have paid back in early Spring!

Enjoy it and stick around!

Yannis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.