SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to order the part for the protective grating also known as the dog gate or luggage security gate but it didn't come with instructions. Does anyone know how to install this particular part? I called my local dealership but they are booking appointments for their service department 3 weeks from now. My doggies want to go to the dog park and hiking NOW, LOL!

I've scoured youtube and googled it but no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Jessica in Utah
2019 XC60 T6 Inscription

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was able to order the part for the protective grating also known as the dog gate or luggage security gate but it didn't come with instructions. Does anyone know how to install this particular part? I called my local dealership but they are booking appointments for their service department 3 weeks from now. My doggies want to go to the dog park and hiking NOW, LOL!

I've scoured youtube and googled it but no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Jessica in Utah
2019 XC60 T6 Inscription
Mine was fitted by the dealer. They said it wasn’t a diy job

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I have one of these dog grilles and was looking to installing it myself. Instructions for installing the metal roof panels are non-existent on the internet (the link above is now dead).

Has anyone managed to do this? I mean there's a plate and a couple of bolts, it can't be that difficult, can it? The kit also comes with two clear plastic tubes, what the heck are these for?

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's awesome, thanks so much! I was googling up the part number, "safety grille" and other terms, but not that document number.

Yeah, this makes perfect sense to me now, especially the use for those plastic tubes.

EDIT: Just fitted it, took literally five minutes. There's really no need for a dealer visit - it just needs a trim removal tool and a bit of assertive assistance to get the plastic roof trim plates out before fitting the new metal ones.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry for the dumb question but what is the purpose of this gate for dogs? Is it only to prevent large dogs from climbing over the back seats into the passenger area?

Edit: I understand it from a luggage/safety perspective.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, it’s there to stop anything in the luggage area from travelling to the passenger compartment in a crash. 35kg of dog hitting the back of your head at 40mph hurts a bit.
The official Volvo one is crash tested.

Guards like this are a legal requirement here in the UK for that reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts