SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the cost difference between these 2 packages and what additional item does the plus provide?

It appears that most dealer stocks vehicles in my area NJ/PA had one of these included in almost all cars.

I placed a custom order (est arrival end of Jan) so I assume my car would not have these unless i specified it in the order. Is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Seems I read here that Protection pkg is the weather proof floor mats on 1st and 2nd floor.
Protection pkg plus includes 3rd floor and trunk area.
Something like that.

Not sure why the name is so ambiguous. It should be Floor Protection Pkg and Plus.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I believe they are body kit packages. If I remember correctly one includes a stainless guard for the top of your bumper at the tailgate. I did not order either with mine but I do know that some forum members consider them valuable additions. Try a search on the board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Seems I read here that Protection pkg is the weather proof floor mats on 1st and 2nd floor.
Protection pkg plus includes 3rd floor and trunk area.
Something like that.

Not sure why the name is so ambiguous.

Ah thanks for the inform - ambiguous naming indeed!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe they are body kit packages. If I remember correctly one includes a stainless guard for the top of your bumper at the tailgate. I did not order either with mine but I do know that some forum members consider them valuable additions. Try a search on the board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So I think you're right the plus includes the additional guard on the bumper whereas the base protection pkg includes the mats for all areas plus I believe there is another illuminating stainless guard where the rear hatch door closes. Anyone know the price difference?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
2016 XC90 Protection Package = Rubber Floor Mats (5 floor mats - front row left, front row right, middle row left, middle row right, third row) and a Tunnel Mat (note the tunnel mat cannot be used on the XC90 T8), and an interconnecting Plastic Cargo Tray.

Port installed price - $390

2016 XC90 Protection Package Plus = Rubber Floor Mats (5 floor mats - front row left, front row right, middle row left, middle row right, third row) and a Tunnel Mat (note the tunnel mat cannot be used on the XC90 T8), an interconnecting Plastic Cargo Tray, and a Stainless Steel Bumper Cover.

Post installed price - $510

·
Registered
25 Posts
2016 XC90 Protection Package = Rubber Floor Mats (5 floor mats - front row left, front row right, middle row left, middle row right, third row) and a Tunnel Mat (note the tunnel mat cannot be used on the XC90 T8), and an interconnecting Plastic Cargo Tray.

Port installed price - $390

2016 XC90 Protection Package Plus = Rubber Floor Mats (5 floor mats - front row left, front row right, middle row left, middle row right, third row) and a Tunnel Mat (note the tunnel mat cannot be used on the XC90 T8), an interconnecting Plastic Cargo Tray, and a Stainless Steel Bumper Cover.

Post installed price - $510
Well this gets confusing. Check out Volvo's "Protection Plus", which I guess is different from "Protection Package" and "Protection Package Plus"? I'm a tad uncertain about what I actually ordered on my vehicle now...

http://volvo.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/259890/0/filename/Volvo-Protection-Plus-Brochure-v1.pdf

Basically ding and dent repair, missing key replacement, windshield repair, wheel and tire repair and roadside assistance

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Well this gets confusing. Check out Volvo's "Protection Plus", which I guess is different from "Protection Package" and "Protection Package Plus"? I'm a tad uncertain about what I actually ordered on my vehicle now...

http://volvo.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/259890/0/filename/Volvo-Protection-Plus-Brochure-v1.pdf

Basically ding and dent repair, missing key replacement, windshield repair, wheel and tire repair and roadside assistance
These are affinity programs purchased through the Volvo retailer. The packages that most people look for, during the ordering process, are those that William outlined above.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Old post, I know...

To add to the discussion about the differences between Volvo's "Protection Package" and "Protection Package Plus" physical items that are often included with a dealer inventory vehicle and listed on the Monroney window sticker, there is also a "Protection Package Premier" variation which apparently includes the lockable wheel bolt kit (and a license plate frame???...this might be a dealer's own advertising plate frame)

The "Protection Package Premier" kit includes:
  • Rubber Floor Mats (front and rear, and third row when applicable)
  • Stainless Steel Bumper Cover
  • License Plate Frame
  • Wheel Locks
  • Cargo Tray (The trunk floor plastic cargo mat with very slightly raised edges...not the "Load Liner" with ~25cm high raised edges)

f4N6XTnl.jpg HORJeA6l.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Old post, I know...

To add to the discussion about the differences between Volvo's "Protection Package" and "Protection Package Plus" physical items that are often included with a dealer inventory vehicle and listed on the Monroney window sticker, there is also a "Protection Package Premier" variation which apparently includes the lockable wheel bolt kit (and a license plate frame???...this might be a dealer's own advertising plate frame)

The "Protection Package Premier" kit includes:
  • Rubber Floor Mats (front and rear, and third row when applicable)
  • Stainless Steel Bumper Cover
  • License Plate Frame
  • Wheel Locks
  • Cargo Tray (The trunk floor plastic cargo mat with very slightly raised edges...not the "Load Liner" with ~25cm high raised edges)

View attachment 34266 View attachment 34274
This post made me remember something about my vehicle. It has the Protection Plus Pkg which was priced at $515. We found a Volvo License plate frame and a windshield sun shade under the rear cargo compartment. I'm not sure if we have lockable wheel bolts. Not sure what the deal is with those items as they weren't on the sticker or any other sort of "add on" in the price breakdown with taxes, etc.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The bumper piece is very nice. Prevents scratching the bumper when taking things in and out, and looks nice too. Good for use a large stroller is going in and out, kids lacrosse sticks, etc... very easy to scratch the bumper without it. The cargo tray is OK. 3 pieces which don't stay together as it is grippy so larger objects tend to slide them around. Easy for 3rd row access at least, but not the most ideal design.

·
Registered
821 Posts
The cargo tray is OK. 3 pieces which don't stay together as it is grippy so larger objects tend to slide them around.
Those pieces actually overlap and snap together. It's a smart design.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Those pieces actually overlap and snap together. It's a smart design.
Yes, all overlapped and snapped in place. For the most part they work as intended, but they unsnap and slide over each other too easily. The rubber on the top is very grippy, but slides fairly easy on the carpet. When you have something that has grip as well, it will slide and unsnap the pieces. The biggest culprit is the baby stroller, which is a fairly large one with hard rubber wheels. The wheels don't slide on the rubber, and pull it around. Also had problems with a bike or two as well as sliding a heavy cardboard box. I ended up getting an aftermarket one for the BMW, and it folds to access the third row which is a really smart design. This is lease though and I already have it, so wouldn't bother buying another one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts