SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prefer local on this, as I don't feel like separating tires. Asking $375 for 4 Propus Cs with Kumho Ecsta ASX 235/55/17 99SW. Tires have 3500 miles on them. One wheel slightly bent. Wheel has held air with no problems and balances a-ok.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Ahhhhhh if you were anywhere nearby I'd have these in a second! What a good deal!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
damn, if only I lived near! Those would be great for a winter set.

·
Registered
50 Posts
deal

Folks,

I bought these and they are sitting in a friend's house in Denver. I'm not certain that the tires will fit my car - ('02 T5M with fresh susp. which lowers it a bit). I'm happy to sell these tires.

OR . . . I will give these tires to someone who would get them separated and ship the wheels to Atlanta.

OR . . . will trade for a nice condition set of 17 inch Comets.

I know - - - not likely, but what the hell, no harm in asking.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I will buy them from you. Wheels, Tires, everything for my XC. PM your price with shipping to 22207 and we can talk. Wish i had held on to my comets now lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
n00bkiller - pm'd.

Folks - I didn't write my above offer very well. Please see revision below.

I bought these wheels with the thought that it was a great deal and they're nice. But, I'd really prefer comets. I tacked onto the original seller's post on a whim.

Complication: I live in Atlanta, but these are in my friend's house in Denver. I won't be out there until January 12th. So, if we do find a way to make this work, you'll have to wait - or - I'll hire a college kid to box and ship them.

Unreasonable Part: I won't sell the wheels unless I can get enough money to cover the cost of Comets and the cost of having them packed up for me. Here's the rough math: Wheel price $760 Approximate cost to ship $125 Approximate cost to have packaged up $65 = That's $950.

That's a big a big mark up with complication. While it's still a decent deal with the tires, swallowing a middle man mark up like that isn't fun. Yet, that's what I'm asking.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
PM Responded... But for sure am not swallowing that mark up, make me an offer if you'd like!

·
Registered
57 Posts
PM Responded... But for sure am not swallowing that mark up, make me an offer if you'd like!
Ya, same here... I contacted seller, offered to buy from him for what he paid, and I would pay for shipping on top, and was basically told I was a moron, and to go fly a kite... I personally wouldn't bother with seller EVER:screwy:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Folks - you are offering to buy wheels I'm not offering for sale. I'm offering free tires to anyone in Denver who will separate and ship. OR trade for a set of 17 inch Comets in good shape.

Kevin - I was upfront with you re: the mark up. You repeating what I fully recognized to you is gratuitous.

v70x2 - Please don't whine. I was completely sincere and direct in my communication with you . Just because you ask me for something and I decline because it has no relevance to the offer I've made doesn't make me a bad guy or a bad seller. You want me to hand over my purchase and donate my time invested in the logistics of buying on something I'm not offering for sale? No. Thank you. If I wanted to call you a moron, I would have done that. I'm not shy. Also, "I personally" is redundant. Your use of emoticons and all caps paint an accurate picture for all of us.

Mods - please pull this post when you have time. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm not quite sure how I offended you, but I apologize sir. I simply said that I wouldn't pay for the huge mark up, however, If you wanted to make me a lower offer I would be interested. Don't mean to be rude and sorry again if it came out that way. I would happily pay you 500 bucks plus shipping depending on how nice the tires are, for what its worth. idk if you were interested at all but thats all I meant by make me an offer.

Sorry again if I upset you...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts