SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autospies.com/news/RUMOR...Polestar-S60-To-Pack-Upwards-Of-500-HP-71076/
RUMOR: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa - Is Volvo's Polestar S60 To Pack Upwards Of 500 HP?
And now that Volvo's been pretty upfront that Polestar is going to sport-up the "naughty Volvo," the S60, we should have something to look forward to that will completely change everything we've known about Volvo as a marque. Remember how cool those real R versions were? They will have NOTHING on the Polestar - you read it here first, folks.

Though it would be pretty cool if Polestar brings back the spaceball shifter -- just saying.

The key will come down to the power being pumped from the 4.4-liter V8 from the XC90. Remember, it is the same powerplant used in the Noble M600, which generates up to 650 ponies.:thumbup:

Now Autocar is saying that loose lips have revealed the hot-to-trot S60 will produce 500 horsepower.

I don't know how accurate this is but they seem pretty sure. Either way, it will dominate every aspect of my imagination over the next few days.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It will be interesting next Saturday for sure when they take the wraps off this mystery!! Let's see if it is anything they might bring to market?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be interesting next Saturday for sure when they take the wraps off this mystery!! Let's see if it is anything they might bring to market?
You mean THIS Saturday my friend!
And supposedly (as all of this is), it is very close to being market ready. :D

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Ahhhh!!!! Can't wait!!!!! I've been searching ALL week for sources explaining ANYTHING about the S60 Polestar's 500 HP. :D

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhhh!!!! Can't wait!!!!! I've been searching ALL week for sources explaining ANYTHING about the S60 Polestar's 500 HP. :D
Same here! I have scoured the depths of google news searches to find any tidbit that might hint at something I don't know! Unfortunately, I found somewhere that the current 6 speed auto would be standard. Nothing is set in stone but I hope it is not true, even if it means outsourcing their transmissions. :(

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Finally!!!! Tomorrow we find out about that S60 Polestar!!!!! Been anticipating this since they first showed us the teaser image!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeeeeeessssssssss!!!!! Everything i wanted and more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
trbobrik - That's A Beautiful Rendering, Very ISF'ish - Sexy! Now Lets See A Cool Exhaust Like The Lexus!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
trbobrik - That's A Beautiful Rendering, Very ISF'ish - Sexy! Now Lets See A Cool Exhaust Like The Lexus!
Pffff, I WISH we got a cool exhaust like that, however the one that ended up on it seems equally nice. The rendering was VERY ISF'ish however the car looked a lot more subtle than I expected. That is always okay with me :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts