SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, As the day draws closer, I am getting nervous. I read on the checklist that we are suppose to take a copy of the final payment receipt with us when we go to pick up our new vehicle.

What is the final payment receipt? I may have been on cloud nine if my dealer mentioned a document that I am suppose to take with me.

I have a loan installment agreement, but outside of that I don't have any special form proving the vehicle is paid for.

What did most people here who have purchased OSD use?

Also, when did you inform your insurance agent of the purchase? Was it when the vehicle arrived back in the US or just before traveling to Europe?

Like I said, I'm getting nervous and the what ifs are popping in my head. Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Your own auto insurance will take effect when you pick the Volvo up from your dealer. Volvo insures the car for two weeks starting at your OSD delivery and then again while it is being transported from Sweden to the dealer.

·
Registered
257 Posts
When you went to your dealer and sat with the financial people, you would have gotten papers indicating that the car was paid. Did you finance thru Volvo or get your own financing? We had our own financing arranged and went in 30 days before delivery to sign docs with the Finl Mgr. it was then that we got the completed sales invoice showing payment. IIRC, we didn't even show that paper to anyone during The actual OSD.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
proof

We didn't have to show proof of purchase at FDC either. I thought it was rather odd but I assumed that they figured you had paid for the car or you wouldn't be there collecting your car.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Relax, clear you mind and go for a fun journey...

If you have paid - Volvo knows...no need for the "paper trail"...

Re. insurance - your car is covered for the stated period on Europe, on a boat, during all transits and on the dealer's lot...and if you have the existing policy - it will cover your new car automatically upon delivery at the dealer, if you transfer it.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
We financed for our OSD (April 2012) completing the paperwork about 35 days before delivery. About a week later (roughly 28 days before delivery) we got a notarized letter from the dealer that was the "proof of purchase". We were not asked for it at FDC but it was good to have it along anyway. Come to think of it, I can't remember being asked for *any* paperwork (not even ID).

I informed my auto insurance agent when I went to pick up the car at the dealer in the US.

You don't mention how long you'll be in Europe; we had to buy additional auto insurance over there (21 days total).

Don't worry, someone else probably had each one of the questions you're having. That's why we're here -- to help...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello, As the day draws closer, I am getting nervous. I read on the checklist that we are suppose to take a copy of the final payment receipt with us when we go to pick up our new vehicle.

What is the final payment receipt? I may have been on cloud nine if my dealer mentioned a document that I am suppose to take with me.

I have a loan installment agreement, but outside of that I don't have any special form proving the vehicle is paid for.

What did most people here who have purchased OSD use?

Also, when did you inform your insurance agent of the purchase? Was it when the vehicle arrived back in the US or just before traveling to Europe?

Like I said, I'm getting nervous and the what ifs are popping in my head. Thanks in advance for your comments.
As a few have mentioned, we took our finance agreement papers with us. We didn't finance through Volvo; got a much better APR with a local credit union. I think that if your dealership is doing their job along the way with the OSD paperwork, all is set once you get there. We didn't show them anything when we sat down to go over THEIR paperwork. I do think my husband showed his U.S. driver's license and passport as ID though.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I recall my family being picked up at the airport. There was a driver with a sign waiting for us. I don't believe he asked for id. But he was expecting a family of four that answered to our name from the USA. Once at the hotel I think I showed my passport when I provided a credit card for incidentals. Another driver picked us up the following morning to take us to the Factory Delivery Center. Once again I don't believe I was asked for id. At FDC, when reviewing the paperwork for our new car, I may have showed my passport. But frankly, with all the excitement, it was a blur. During dropoff I recall signing paperwork. I probably also showed my passport, but don't recall. In my case, there was a scratch on my bumper that we saw during dropoff. It turned out it was on our car during delivery, as seen in pictures when they were greatly enlarged, but I had missed it. The entire skin of the bumper was replaced by Volvo once the vehicle arrived in the States. In summary, Volvo does a great job, takes responsibility if they make a mistake, and works to make the process as fun and smooth as possible. My family is looking forward to a 3rd OSD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all who have posted a response! I will be there in a few weeks and must say I am definitely excited. Ever since I placed the order for my vehicle (C-70, Black Sapphire w/Calcite Cream interior), I have been doing crazy stuff like counting the number of convertibles I see with their tops down. I even gave myself a new nickname, TopDown. Is it me or is this experience just too awesome to believe? Well, again thank you for your response and caring enough to share your experiences.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Thanks to all who have posted a response! I will be there in a few weeks and must say I am definitely excited. Ever since I placed the order for my vehicle (C-70, Black Sapphire w/Calcite Cream interior), I have been doing crazy stuff like counting the number of convertibles I see with their tops down. I even gave myself a new nickname, TopDown. Is it me or is this experience just too awesome to believe? Well, again thank you for your response and caring enough to share your experiences.
No it's not you, and yes the experience is too awsome to believe......... :)

I, too, was worried about no proof of purchase. If you went through a Volvo dealership, Volvo took the money out of the dealerships account 30 days prior to your delivery date........or at least that's what my dealer told me...........so, no worries!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts