SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New XC60 owner. Upgraded from 04 xc70. The subject at hand? A 2010 XC60 3.2 awd with 92610 miles. Purchased for 7450 plus tax/gap insurance/fees. Total out the door ~$8500.

Ice white with black interior. Well optioned with factory nav/Bluetooth/dvd/rear camera/dynaudio and mire to be found yet.

Vida scan at dealer had a bunch of electrical issues in the timeline. Delivery tab showed TCM clutch temp too high and pdm mirror signal high. Runs and drives fine. Only concern I have is the TCM code, will be doing a gibbons flush ASAP as well as haldex service (fluid/filter), plugs, air/fuel filter, oil change, and other stage 0 stuff (Volvo life ftw). From there, stealth hitch and roof rails/crossbars and ??? I suspect the goofy electrical issues listed in vida are old battery and/or RDAR module related. Needs more investigation

Sparco wheels will go on from the old xc70....

Stay tuned for pics kiddies, this is gonna be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Congrats! Let's see some pics of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will post up tomorrow after work. Interior pics are gonna be kinda effed, all my essential living items (makeshift bed, etc) from the xc70 are in the back. But it’s clean!

As far as the codes I mentioned go, I checked vida again this morning and I’ll be damned if that TCM code isn’t there anymore. No codes at all outside of a long push on seat memory button.

Need a new battery I suspect. If I leave it in pos I for 5-10 min I get a low battery warning . That could explain all the odd electrical gremlins listed in the vida timeline

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went thru the owners manual tonight. Found the original window sticker, beetches! Holy options Batman!

Original price was 42k. I effin stole this thing for the price I paid. Premium package plus individual options on top. Heated rear seats

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Options/packages:

Premium package, multimedia package, climate package, instant traction with hill decent control, panoramic sunroof. It’s the 3.2 PZEV.

Total MSRP 41,245

host pictures

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics coming this week. Met the last owner this morning, and he gave me not one but 2!!! spare keys, one is brand new unprogrammed yet.

He’s a fellow Volvo nut and has been driving nothing but for 30+ years. Currently has 3 in his fleet, including a black c30 T5, an SPA XC90 and the one he traded this in for, a v60. Bonus? He’s just as ocd as Skywolf about his Volvo’s the c30 only comes out on days when humidity is low and there’s absolutely zero chance of bad weather, low pollen count, and gets a full paint decontamination/wax after each drive

·
Registered
648 Posts
Looks like a nicely equipped XC60! Make sure to check the top of the windshield to make sure it can't be pushed away from the body (very common) Also check those sunroof drains and make sure they are flowing freely.

Enjoy the only XC60 that had front fog lights!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone know why my usb connection is telling me unreadable when I connect the iPhone 8 this morning, but it’s been working fine for the last 5 days? :wtf: Bluetooth works, but it seems I can’t broadcast pandora thru BT, only maps and phone calls o_O

·
Registered
648 Posts
One of the quirks about a 2010, you cannot broadcast music via BT. Try selecting ipod as the source and see if that gets your phone connected.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So it seems that I must have Apple Music subscription to make the usb connection work with pandora and have at least 1 song downloaded and stored on the phone. f you Volvo for making me spend money on iTunes stuff lol

But I digress. Gibbons flush on trans, yea or nay? Still use T-IV/3309 fluid? How many quarts and how the f do I check level/condition on this things? I swear there’s no dipstick...it’s doing stupid things between gear shifts, not exactly smooth. I reset adaptation once already but no luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Scheduled Service 2.0 with Scott Volvo in Allentown for sept 3. No charge for software updates with them (last time I went to a dealership for updates they told me Volvo service for life wasn’t free and I had to pay for at least one service per year to qualify).

Called a local indie and got a quote for full service (fluid/adaptation/counter reset/labor) trans flush at $495. Asked her to requote without counter reset/ adaptation/fluid provided and just give me labor rate. We’ll see what happens there. Tbh I can probably go to Scott Volvo and have it done for less than the indie...

If I take it to the other Volvo indie that I would normally use (Car crafters) it’s $195 everything included doing a multiple drain and fill procedure.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sounds like Car Crafters is the best deal, but that would be lot of driving. Factor in your time and gas and maybe it's not as good a deal?

What other Indy did you get a quote for?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Sounds like Car Crafters is the best deal, but that would be lot of driving. Factor in your time and gas and maybe it's not as good a deal?

What other Indy did you get a quote for?
Wahoud in Hereford off rt100 north. But he does rica tunes for $1k priorities lol...

Probably gonna go to ken and Phil. Need to reach out to Nate at European motors in my penn...he apparently did all the work for the last owner on this car

1 - 20 of 63 Posts