SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2,521 Posts
Re: (Parts @ Boston Volvo)

Quote, originally posted by Parts @ Boston Volvo »

Turning off the DRL's is just a matter of a software download (upgrade to the CEM - Central Electronic Module - parts and labor!). I just walked out to a bunch of our techs and they all knew about it - one had just done this to a customers car today.

John

Even for MY04?

· Registered
21,310 Posts
Re: Project V70R: European Bi-Xenon Headlight Upgrade (MAC1LSR)

Quote, originally posted by MAC1LSR »
Quote from Full Story:

"There is probably a U.S. regulation somewhere that requires Volvo to deactivate the supplemental high-beam found in equivalent European units, which may explain the difference."

I doubt that, as my 2005 Lexus LS430 has Xenon Low Beams with supplemental halogen high beams. Both Xenon and Halogen work together on the High Beam setting. For DRLs, high beams are on at greatly reduced power, which explains why they look a yellow/amber color during the day.
I wonder why Volvo didn't just program the European halogen high beams to run at 1/2 power for DRL use in North America?

The reason that Volvo cannot run the Euro lights in the US is that the total output from the Xenon and the supplimental halogen high beam exceeds to the total output allowed by the DOT. It is not because there is, as you pointed out, a law prohibiting them both being on together. There are many cars out there like yours. BMW's for example.

· Registered
852 Posts
Re: (slowrey)

Quote, originally posted by slowrey »

Even for MY04?

VIDA lists the same four software part numbers for the headlamps in '04 as they do the later P2 cars.

Ahh...I see now that there are no software part numbers listed for the GDL headlamps. So possibly there is the difference.

John

· Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: (slowrey)

Quote, originally posted by slowrey »

Actually, I didn't know it. I've tried multiple times to get mine done at the dealership and they told me NO.

I personally thought JRL that you got yours done because you knew someone who knew someone.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=17816

I Haven't left yet, (Thurs)
As I've told Jim Lill and others, this was done as a favor to me and for some strange reason Volvo will NOT do it for the general consumer.
I don't know why they have this policy and I couldn't get a straight answer from anyone about it.
The codes were in the factory reps laptop, not in the dealer's Vadis so you won't be able to have it done.
Sorry.
JRL

and

For For the last time, yes, but you can't!
They won't do it for you,
again, sorry
JRL
Many have since then, look at that date of that post. I guess they're not fighting it but the process I believe is the same for 04's

· Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: (Parts @ Boston Volvo)

Quote, originally posted by Parts @ Boston Volvo »

VIDA lists the same four software part numbers for the headlamps in '04 as they do the later P2 cars.

Ahh...I see now that there are no software part numbers listed for the GDL headlamps. So possibly there is the difference.

John

There is. The factory rep has to get a specific code for the particular VIN of your car, download that from Volvo and upload it into your car. It's a PIA for the rep to do but doable so If you yell enough, he can get it done for you,
IT CAN BE DONE!!!

· Administrator
12,725 Posts
Can anyone confirm the current Euro R headlight part numbers?

P/N for euro headlights: (what I had back in 2006)
30678676 (left)
30678577 (right)

Alternative part numbers:
30698819 / 30698820
30655960 / 30655961

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.