1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks!
Finally got myself a P2, and moreso an 07
It has headlights. It has cd changer. And just 118K, I'd say its a good start
I picked it up from a small, shady dealer in Portland, OR and shady dealer does what shady dealers do and a "anti-skid service required' message popped up about 30 min into a drive home. That is still to be taken care of, but first pictures.
I was looking either for white or silver 06-07 car with black interior and ABLs was a great bonus. I'm not familiar with P2xc packages, but this one came with rear parking sensors, ABL lights, Black dialwatch gauges and green lit cupholders. Anything else I might be missing?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far just had time to throw 43mm adapters on the back axle and clean up the tailgate for the Aventyrsterrangbil decal from swedishmetal

I have quite a few parts to go onlike knobby tires, forged wheels and arRRR brakes, so stay tuned, this one is going to be fun

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And you can follow this build @odin.ab on IG

·
Registered
16,852 Posts
Looks great! How much was the decal?
Edit: found it at 13 bucks. They have some more stuff than they used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
Wing, driving lights, R sway bars and delrin will make that a sweet ride

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm not familiar with P2xc packages, but this one came with rear parking sensors, ABL lights, Black dialwatch gauges and green lit cupholders. Anything else I might be missing?
Watchdial gauges were relatively common on the '07s, lit cupholders I think were base. Rear Park Assist also pretty common. ABLs were fairly rare, only available on the P2 XC70 in 2007. You also have the premium rim option for 2007 (17" -> Oreanders), so that plus the disc changer tells me this is likely an Adventure Series XC70. Those had a lot of odd packages thrown together as Volvo was using up P2 wagon parts in preparation for the P3 launch in 2008.

Do you have power folding mirrors? Homelink visor?

Car looks awesome, watching for the build pictures!

·
Registered
16,852 Posts
Agreed Adventure. Tinted rear windows also a key feature, no?
Scottish's suggestions are good!
Watchdial gauges were relatively common on the '07s, lit cupholders I think were base. Rear Park Assist also pretty common. ABLs were fairly rare, only available on the P2 XC70 in 2007. You also have the premium rim option for 2007 (17" -> Oreanders), so that plus the disc changer tells me this is likely an Adventure Series XC70. Those had a lot of odd packages thrown together as Volvo was using up P2 wagon parts in preparation for the P3 launch in 2008.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great! How much was the decal?
Edit: found it at 13 bucks. They have some more stuff than they used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, I got couple more that will go on the doors soon

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wing, driving lights, R sway bars and delrin will make that a sweet ride

Agreed Adventure. Tinted rear windows also a key feature, no?
Scottish's suggestions are good!
Hellyeah!! I like me some adventure!:)
Homelink is there, but no powerfolding mirrors unfortunately, and I was expecting to see them as well when I went for a test drive
Is it known what is the percentage of the OEM tint? I'm rather impartial to that, but cleaning up existing tint seems like a more burdensome task than match tint front doors, and half tint is no go
I already have the wing, just need to do the drilling. Other ideas are great too, I'm certainly getting driving lights and will look into bushings and sways

I received tires and wheels should be done some time this week

·
Registered
51 Posts
What is up with your wheel lugs? Are all 4 wheels like that? Did Volvo change them because my 2002 P2 has lug bolts, not studs with nuts.

·
Registered
16,852 Posts
Looks like just the rear and on purpose. The originals were not like this if you look back to intro photos of the car he posted. Need a mean deep 19mm socket for that!
What is up with your wheel lugs? Are all 4 wheels like that? Did Volvo change them because my 2002 P2 has lug bolts, not studs with nuts.

·
Registered
573 Posts
All P2s used lug bolts from the factory. There are aftermarket stud kits for those that want them. Those are some super-duper loooooong ones!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts