SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also if you set a profile to a key, what happens if you are both in the car with a key ?

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Also if you set a profile to a key, what happens if you are both in the car with a key ?
Whoever unlock the car on door handle, his/her profile is used. The Sensus screen shows who's profile is in use.

As to what settings are stored, I'd want to think about what settings are not stored, and couldn't quickly find something not stored.
Oh, one thing, the default driving mode each time car is started is not saved, definitely.

I still see it confused sometimes by me and wife using the car alternatively. My seat position could unexpectedly be override by wife, though my profile is tied to my key and locked.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
A lot. See https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9693/year/2019/model/S60.

The controlling key FOB and associated profile will be set based on 1) whoever last unlocked the driver’s door with their key FOB (or proximity sensor), or 2) whoever last drove if car remains unlocked.

It can get a bit involved depending on how you have the key FOBs set - unlock all doors or just one door. This is key (pun intended).

I always lock my doors even at home in the garage. My key opens all doors and my wife’s key only unlocks her door. If she is at the driver’s door and unlocks it first with the key FOB, her profile has priority. If she unlocks her passenger door first, the driver door should still be locked. If I unlock the driver’s door, my Key FOB and profiles would have priority. If my wife’s key FOB was set the same as mine (I.e., unlock all doors), my wife’s key FOB would have priority if she unlocked the doors first regardless of whether she was at the driver’s door or a passenger door.

The key FOBs are flexible and therefore can be tricky if the key FOBs are the same lock/unlock settings.

There is a stickie on the SPA XC90 MY16+ sub-forum and maybe some threads too that may be helpful.

P.S., The presence of a red key with the proximity sensor will take priority over all other key FOBs if using the proximity sensor. If you have a regular key and the red key in your pocket/purse, the red key is likely to be set. As you may know, the red key has a present driver profile for valets, teenagers, grandma, .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts