SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order early last week for an XC90 Momentum and have been following up with my dealer on status/when I would get a date. The below is his response on Dec 4th.

"not yet-
Should be next week-
The region is processing the end of the month

I will let you know as soon as I get the slot-
Your order is in line on the date you gave it to me.

Volvo gives the slots to dealers on a first order first slot basis.
There has not been any production slots given out to anyone in the last 3 weeks on the XC90 Momentum"

Just an FYI or up for discussion in case anybody is experiencing the same or something different

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I placed an order early last week for an XC90 Momentum and have been following up with my dealer on status/when I would get a date. The below is his response on Dec 4th.

"not yet-
Should be next week-
The region is processing the end of the month

I will let you know as soon as I get the slot-
Your order is in line on the date you gave it to me.

Volvo gives the slots to dealers on a first order first slot basis.
There has not been any production slots given out to anyone in the last 3 weeks on the XC90 Momentum"

Just an FYI or up for discussion in case anybody is experiencing the same or something different
GrecianVolvo will hopefully chime in - but it sounds like your dealer has run out of Allocation and has to wait for the next month's availability to open up to get in an order.

There's not a similar or exact same model sitting on a lot already somewhere that you could just grab?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. He said he would look, but didn't expect to find what I wanted... T6, Momentum, heads-up display, convenience, vision, white body, black interior

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Thanks. He said he would look, but didn't expect to find what I wanted... T6, Momentum, heads-up display, convenience, vision, white body, black interior
I wouldn't expect the dealer to help much - unless he's got other Volvo dealerships under the same umbrella. Not in his interest to send you away.
Might be worth your time to take a look around and see what you find.. My dealer has an Inscription with basically what you want on the lot but Texas is probably a bit far away.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I have no intention of getting it elsewhere... of all the dealers I worked with when price shopping, this one was the easiest, nicest and cheapest. Besides, already put down $1,000 anyway.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Thanks. I have no intention of getting it elsewhere... of all the dealers I worked with when price shopping, this one was the easiest, nicest and cheapest. Besides, already put down $1,000 anyway.
Mind sharing the dealer name?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
GrecianVolvo will hopefully chime in - but it sounds like your dealer has run out of Allocation and has to wait for the next month's availability to open up to get in an order.

There's not a similar or exact same model sitting on a lot already somewhere that you could just grab?
That is probably what happened. Volvo does not give the slots to the retailers on a first order first slot basis; they have to EARN allocation slots and they have a set amount during each allocation.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Pauls Volvo
990 Goffle Road
Hawthorne NJ 07506

The name of the sales person I worked with is Chris Corrigan. If you speak to him, let him know I referred you.
Thanks for the info. I never dealt with Paul's Volvo, since they are too far from where I live.
I got mine from Prestige (this one) and previous one from Bridgewater.
Would not recommend Bridgewater as they did everything to drive away my repeat business.
With Prestige it was a breeze. Best price I got and very quick deal.

I'll keep Paul's in mind for my next one, just in case.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
That is probably what happened. Volvo does not give the slots to the retailers on a first order first slot basis; they have to EARN allocation slots and they have a set amount during each allocation.
Hi Grecian,

Any chance you can elaborate on the EARNing of the slots? Just curious how that happens.
Thank you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Chris is a great guy but Paul's Volvo is a small dealer, they may not have the same number of allocations as a bigger dealership. Maybe they're having trouble getting the Momentums but I placed my order for an Inscription through them mid September and picked up my car early November!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Hi Grecian,

Any chance you can elaborate on the EARNing of the slots? Just curious how that happens.
Thank you.
No, I cannot. It is an internal process between the retailers and Volvo.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Chris is a great guy but Paul's Volvo is a small dealer, they may not have the same number of allocations as a bigger dealership. Maybe they're having trouble getting the Momentums but I placed my order for an Inscription through them mid September and picked up my car early November!
Mid-Sep to early Nov is a hell of a timeline!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update from dealer:
"Just letting you know your order is locked in.
The delivery date is the end of Feb.-it may be the first week of March since they have to insatll the hitch at the port."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts