SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rickard Rydell and James Hanson were testing the Prodrive Volvo S60 at the French track of Magny Cours on March 26th and 27th. “During the Vallelunga tyre tests, the car just ran and ran, but we had a variety of small problems at Magny Cours. However, it was much better to have those problems now than during the first race,” Rydell explained. “We managed to achieve most of what we wanted to do, and were happy with the times we set, which were almost the same as the BMW 320i.” The Volvo S60 was one of the cars that the team will run during the first round. “There are still some items to be changed, including some suspension elements, but basically the car is nearly as it will be for the season. I am really looking forward to the first race; I think it will be very good, with Alfa Romeo, BMW, Nissan and Volvo taking part, and some excellent drivers.” In Magny-Cours the Volvo covered more than 400 km during the two days and set times that were three tenths of a second slower than the Schnitzer BMW’s. “Generally speaking I’m satisfied, because this was our first test in a proper circuit in full Super 2000 specs. We had a plan of options to test and we completed the ninety per cent of it; that is not bad. We will test again in Great Britain in two weeks’ time, as soon as our second car will be finished,” Prodrive’s Dave Benbow commented.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts