SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Procedure for resetting VVT cams?

Anyone have the procedure for resetting VVT cams? 2006 volvo s40 to be specific. AFAIK its lock the cam slots in the rear and then rotate forward until locked?

(edited)

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
There is no locking or reset procedure for these. No slots, no locking catch, etc. You've probably read the procedure for the previous-generation engines. There are dozens of threads here, linked from the sticky or findable with a search.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There is no locking or reset procedure for these. No slots, no locking catch, etc. You've probably read the procedure for the previous-generation engines. There are dozens of threads here, linked from the sticky or findable with a search.
For the '04.5-07? I ask because of this https://www.pelicanparts.com/techar...T_Unit_Removal/93-ENGINE-VVT_Unit_Removal.htm

I'm in the process of replacing the cylinder head on a car (07) and keep reading that locking the vvt is involved when removing/reinserting the cams. I tried starting the car and nothing. All the marks were spot on and I rotated the engine over by hand a few times to ensure things were good. Figure since this car seems to have only 1 vvt unit (intake) that it may be the problem.

edit: though it could be other things as well, I'm just trying to mentally figure out what all could be going on. Fuel, sure. Its been sitting for years... etc

·
Registered
879 Posts
Just lock the rear cams in timing, install timing belt, and torque the cam hubs on. DONE.

Easiest VVT hubs volvo ever had.

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Right - in this car you lock the camshaft, not the VVT unit. The pelicanparts site seems to have decent info, but there's much more here in this forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts