SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been having problems with the trip computer in my 2000 V70 XC. It occasionally blanks out and comes up with a "DISC" message on it, with all the little boxes or dashes next to the options. I have only ever seen this happen when it is set to the average fuel economy setting, but when I quickly flip it from this setting to another and back again it goes away. This problem happened multiple times over the weekend during the course of driving about 700 miles.

Any suggestions about what this may be would be greatly appreciated. The car is still under warranty and hasn't had any other problems, but I wanted to ask if any one else saw this as well before I ask the dealer to fix it. Thanks for your help.

Tim

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Re: Problems with the Trip Computer (vtaero)

I have been seeing the same thing on my car. It has been happening a lot when I switch from one display to another, for a second or two it will give me DISC. weird... Seems to be working fine when its not doing that though, so it is not high on my list of things to fix. I am interested to hear what people have to offer on this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me3

six months I have had the car, it has flashed disc. Seems to be related to the physical characteristics of the switch itself. At every position it stays there for 1-2 seconds. It stayed a while in the temp mode a month or so ago but left when I switched to MT0 setting. These are the only 2 positions I use. The local dealer service writer (a fellow R nut) claims he has never seen or heard of it. I'm not 100% sure I trust him!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Me3 (trubey)

Mine seems to do it as well when you change the little selector. But it also just randomly does it while driving and ignoring the trip computer. I think I will ask them about it when I go for my next service, but that is in about 3500 more miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts