SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought a used xc90 2011 R design with DVD Navigation system installed. Day 2 of having the vehicle and I'm getting a black screen when the nab screen pops up saying that the front DVD shutter is open and must be closed to continue. For one, I haven't even touched the DVD system and the Nav screen was working when I bought the car. I think its a bad sign that it is screwing up day 2 of owning the car.

Has anyone else had these issues?

I'd also be interested in hearing general issues with the Nav system in general. I also am getting camera calibration messages where the guidelines don't show up. The whole system seems faulty. It also feels like something that will break, its just a matter of time. Considering returning the car, but would love some feedback if any is out there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The nav DVD unit is right under the drivers seat. It's possible that you've opened it with your foot without knowing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the same dvd door message. It's located under driver seat. The dvd door slides up and down. You just need to close it back. I also had calibration scree message. The dealer updated software and I haven't gotten the message since. There is a thread about calibration screen. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the responses guys! i found the unit and closed the door (feel dumb it was right under me the whole time).

im gonna check to see with my dealer if the software update for the camera calibration is covered under warranty. ill repost with results if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
668 Posts
ill repost with results if anyone is interested.
Please do! It is always good to see a thread reach a definitive conclusion.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The wife is dropping ours off on Wednesday for a camera callibration fix and one of the key fobs doesn't alway work. Both are items with a history on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts