SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 S60.

First I have the strange squealing when I make tight turns but only after the car has been driven for about 15 minutes. My mechanic can't find the problem.

Then I managed to break the parking brake adjuster. So my guy had to find that part since Volvo doesn't stock it anymore.

The ignition key was sticking and I was thinking, "I need to get a new ignition lock." Well, yesterday, it broke. I couldn't turn the key far enough to start the car. So I rip the steering column apart and remove the ignition switch from the back of the lock so I can use a screwdriver to start the car. Oh, oh, now the key won't turn far enough to unlock the steering wheel. Damn!

Then I discover that the windows won't work. Hmmmm .. . check the fuses, they're fine. Disconnect the battery, wait a bit, reconnect the battery and everything works fine. Except that I have warning messages about the ABS and airbags.

So this morning I think...."I can pull the lock off and drive the car." So I go to work on the car and discover that the windows won't work again. Hmmmmm . . .

Then I discover that the bolts that hold the lock in place are in the most inconvenient location. Next brilliant idea .. . rather than try to use a sharp chisel to slowly turn the bolt, I'll just use my Dremel to cut a slot into the head and turn it with a screw driver. That works for about an 1/8 of a turn and then the head starts to strip out.

The parking brake adjuster is a simple problem. It's all the other stuff that has me bothered.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Is it just that the windows don't work from the driver's door, or is it that they won't work at each individual door switch? If it's the first, it's the DDM going wonky (I would never roll down the driver's window on my V70 for fear I wouldn't be able to roll it up at some random interval). The PDM was also questionable in that V70. I've heard that they need to be 'married' into the system, I've also heard they don't.

If the second, I'd be thinking maybe a fuse...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts