SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to try and download the weather app and the other couple apps available, and every time I try to it starts the download for a few seconds and then gets an error message that says was unable to be installed and that an error message was sent. It does this for all three of the available apps to download. The modem seems to be working and my Volvo on call works with the app on my phone. Has anyone else had this happen and what did you do about it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you connected in internet? VOC uses a dedicated connection and is not available for connecting Sensus on internet.
You should be connected to internet or installing a SIM in the dedicated slot, or by teethering with your smartphone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I am sure that I am. My modem is on and it works as a hot spot for mobile devices like my phone and iPad in the car. It just keeps saying the apps could not be installed and that "an error report has been sent".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it's the car. I am trying to download the weather app. I only mention the phone to show/test that the modem and Internet in the vehicle is working. When I go to download the weather app on the census screen it gives me the error message mentioned above. It only gives me the option to download the weather app and two other apps and it gives me the same " unable to install" message when trying to download any of the three available apps.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
nebswede, if you PM me your VIN and confirm your country I can forward it to my Volvo Sweden Sensus contact and they can look into this for you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I went to try and download the weather app and the other couple apps available, and every time I try to it starts the download for a few seconds and then gets an error message that says was unable to be installed and that an error message was sent. It does this for all three of the available apps to download. The modem seems to be working and my Volvo on call works with the app on my phone. Has anyone else had this happen and what did you do about it?
I have the exact problem. I am taking it to the dealership next week for a software "service" update. Hopefully that will resolve the issue. I also have an issue with sensors sometimes detecting objects when there is nothing there. Random, harmless, but a bit annoying. Hope it all gets resolved with the update.

·
Registered
28 Posts
nebswede, were you able to get this problem resolved? I have taken the vehicle in and they updated, but it still has this problem. It became a secondary problem for me, as my vehicle was rear ended, and now I have to replace the tailgate and bumper! fun times....

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the same issue! I had it when I took delivery of the vehicle and the salesman told me about it (who happens to be polestar certified) and very very knowledgable. He said that it should be fixed with the "November update" but who knows......

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I just had my car updated with the latest and greatest SW update today. I am going to try to download and will let you know if I am successful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just got my XC90 with the latest SW update and I had some difficulty getting the apps to download. It seemed like it would pause after hitting download/install. Then I would get an error and the app disappears from my list of apps that I could download. Later in the day I turned the car back on and the apps were available again. They downloaded fine as long as the car engine was running. It seems though that the car will not do any downloads or updates if the car engine is not running. I am assuming this is to make sure the battery does not drain. I actually was able to download them very quickly through the car's own internet connection (i.e. the 3G data connection via SIM card).

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I just had my car updated with the latest and greatest SW update today. I am going to try to download and will let you know if I am successful.

Update: I just downloaded all 4 apps without incident and they loaded fine. Not very impressed with them however. The weather app keeps thinking I am in "Oxford". I change it, but it seems stuck, for now. I can report, however, that it is sunny there and a very nice 58 degrees.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Update: I just downloaded all 4 apps without incident and they loaded fine. Not very impressed with them however. The weather app keeps thinking I am in "Oxford". I change it, but it seems stuck, for now. I can report, however, that it is sunny there and a very nice 58 degrees.

I only have 03 apps. Weather, Here and Volvo ID.

Which is the fourth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Same issue here. Never was able to download any apps either via car's cell network connection or wi-fi. I know the cell connection works otherwise, for example as a hotspot.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I just downloaded all 4 apps without incident and they loaded fine. Not very impressed with them however. The weather app keeps thinking I am in "Oxford". I change it, but it seems stuck, for now.
I don't understand the weather app at all. The location it gives is rarely the city I'm in. In fact, it's generally not even the name of a city at all. I think it may be somehow grabbing the names of neighborhoods or sub-divisions that are in close proximity to the vehicle. It's totally bizarre.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I don't understand the weather app at all. The location it gives is rarely the city I'm in. In fact, it's generally not even the name of a city at all. I think it may be somehow grabbing the names of neighborhoods or sub-divisions that are in close proximity to the vehicle. It's totally bizarre.
Weather apps are not hard to do. This is a new low.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It is a weird app where it does grab names of neighborhoods nearby but it still provides the weather for your current location. I have not had issues of providing weather for a completely different location from where I am at.

·
Registered
674 Posts
It is a weird app where it does grab names of neighborhoods nearby but it still provides the weather for your current location. I have not had issues of providing weather for a completely different location from where I am at.
Me either. The weather data seems accurate, but it would be a lot less annoying if it always just listed the name of the current city you are in.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts