SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday and today when I use the app on my iphone to unlock the doors I get a message "Trunk unlocked. Open trunk to unlock doors". It has never done this before. Anyone know what is happening here?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think this is a security feature. per Volvo- Remote Door Unlock is a security feature in which you can call the Volvo On Call call center and request that your vehicle be unlocked. Once you initiate the call for assistance, the operator will request your four-digit PIN code from you. Once the PIN code is provided, a message will be sent to the car and the trunk/tailgate will then be unlocked. You will need open the trunk/tailgate within 2 minutes (or the Volvo will lock again) and the doors will unlock according to your lock settings in the "My Car" menu.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I think this is a security feature. per Volvo- Remote Door Unlock is a security feature in which you can call the Volvo On Call call center and request that your vehicle be unlocked. Once you initiate the call for assistance, the operator will request your four-digit PIN code from you. Once the PIN code is provided, a message will be sent to the car and the trunk/tailgate will then be unlocked. You will need open the trunk/tailgate within 2 minutes (or the Volvo will lock again) and the doors will unlock according to your lock settings in the "My Car" menu.
Indeed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yesterday and today when I use the app on my iphone to unlock the doors I get a message "Trunk unlocked. Open trunk to unlock doors". It has never done this before. Anyone know what is happening here?
It's working as it is supposed to. Open the trunk, the rest unlocks. For me, it has been doing this since I got it in 2016.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts