SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new radiator installed under warranty in my 04 v70 in July of 2008, as the original has sprung a leak on the bottom passenger side. I have since passed the 100k mark and the new radiator is leaking again from the same area. I know the radiator installed under warranty was new as I found a date of manufacture on it....<p>1. Has anyone also experiences radiator issues?<br>2. Is dealer warranty work guaranteed, labor and or parts, for a certain timeframe? ( it seems to me a radiator should be good for more then 1 year.<p>-Rob

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
My first question would be: Have you figured out exactly where the leak is? 99% of the time, if the part was new, it's leaking from the hose and you just need to tighten the clamp a little.<p>I'd start there, double check all the clamps. If it really is leaking, I'd try to find out if something is bumping it that either wears a hole in it or cracks it over time.<p>You are right, the radiator should last over a year, and yes, many shops have a warranty on their parts and work, so definitely ask the place that did it for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts