SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share the awful experience I had today while installing my turbo inlet pipe. Everything was going smooth as planned until wait...where is my second vacuum line that is supposed to connect the new pipe? I searched for an endless amount of time everywhere I could think of and I came to a realization I have been driving the car without the line connected to my original stock pipe.

I'm assuming this occurred when my car was in the shop last week getting the turbo serviced. I tried to follow the lines from my IPD tcv but wait, where is my tcv? It's not there anymore...I'm about to go buckwild on my mechanic tomorrow and demand an explanation for my missing TCV and missing vacuum line.

My question is this, what are the ramifications of driving with only one of the vacuum lines connected to the inlet pipe? To be more specific, it is the line connecting to the larger port.

Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks!

(sigh)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Take some pics of your trouble area at a few angles and post them. Does your R feel super slow. If it doesn't there is no way that you don't have a TCV and the larger of the two ports is not the vac line that is connected to the TCV.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
If i'm not mistaken I would say you are referring to the second line which goes on the larger nipple. That would be going to the intake manifold if I'm not mistaken. It should cause a slight boost reduction but shouldn't be too much of an issue.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think the car feels too slow (Based on me driving it prior to the install when it still had the stock pipe and only one vacuum line connected. Here is a photo I took earlier. You will notice the port on the left, denoted by the blurred circle, as the one that was missing the line.

Of course I am going to address this asap but I'm just wondering if driving it in this current manner will damage anything or damage the new inlet pipe I put on there today?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
That is part of your PCV. It will mess with your emissions a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts