SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the members of this forum, I expect to get my Xc90 delivered next week configured specifically the way I wanted. Summarized are a few hints that helped me ensure all went well with the process:

I asked the dealer to print off my order (screenshot) when entered into the system. This verified that it was ordered when requested, and allowed me to verify the order was correct. They did miss an option when entering the order. Don't settle for the Volvo web configuration printout.

Got Vin number from sales manager one week after DOLC. Tracked shipping when on the boat via

Sales manager, and sales team were all called together to discuss receipt of the car. I have asked the exterior prep be left to the detail shop which will be applying Opticoat Pro Plus. No shipping wrap removal, wax, silicone, buffing... They are all on the same page.

Introduced myself to Service and discussed the new SW upgrade. They seemed pretty aware of new loads, but gave them the info causing issues lately.

Sent pictures to parts of the steel barrier and mat ordered thru the parts department. No risk of getting the plastic mat when I need the carpet!

Talked to the guy who receives the notice of carriers inventory. He took my vin number. He will email me when he gets the notice that the transport carrier has left port. Running boards are to be put on at port.... Still no word that it is enroute. Due at dealer 10/12/2014.

KC detailing has an appointment waiting for the Opticoat treatment. We will see how close we get to that date!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
Very thorough. Would you call my dealer?:D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ha! You are sure leaving no room for errors! Hope your delivery is smooth!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Very efficient planning. May I suggest that on the day your ride is scheduled to arrive at the dealer you contact them again, early in the day just to 'remind them' not to prep the exterior of your car. Dealer staff can get very busy and it could be easy for them to forget your request. Congrats on you new ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts