SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after stumbling upon these...

http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/427...e-61430182PU/?diagramId=2017&diagramNumber=26

I did a little research to see if anybody had any experience with them. I didn't find much, but it appears that Pro Parts Sweden used to be ScanTech. Most of the info I found was on Saab forums, but we all know Scan Tech's reputation. If my only concern was the wear parts (bushings) I would probably buy these without much thought. However, I have run into an issue where ScanTech control arms were simply different dimensions. A few years ago I purchased a pair of ScanTech control arms for a 850 because the ball joints were shot. After installing the new arms it threw the toe off so far I couldn't even drive the car to the alignment shop without first bringing the toe in and roughing it in. I didn't think much of it until I had to replace both arms two years later, of course, and replaced them with OEM. Sure enough I now had to bring the toe way out just to get it driveable. Obviously there were some dimensions off in those arms...Has anybody tried these ProParts Sweden arms? Is anyone willing?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As mentioned that was years ago, a different model, and one isolated example, so maybe their quality control has improved.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I put scan tech control arms on my XC and they were shot within about 6,000 miles. I will never again use scancrap suspension parts again. I don't know about this company, but if they really were scantech then I would stay away!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I may have to try a set myself, 01 S60 is due for control arms.. They are poly bushing's.. I Don't see how they can be any worse than OEM, 15k->25k out of stock control arms.. Maybe a rougher ride with poly. I saw another post where someone suggested XC control arms for the V70/S60..

·
Registered
151 Posts
You may want to check out the Meyle control arms.

4 year warranty.

IPD has 'em....

(just purchased for my car, hoping to put them on some time next week)

·
Registered
35 Posts
You may want to check out the Meyle control arms.

4 year warranty.

IPD has 'em....

(just purchased for my car, hoping to put them on some time next week)
Meyle was a quality product, mainly manufactured in Germany....their COO on 95% of their products are now China, and of poor quality. Was a highly respected brand for a quality aftermarket OEM part, but with poor plastic castings for coolant pieces and other flaws they have slowly gone downhill...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts