SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CAR IS FOR SALE: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...60R-GT-NY-NJ-CT-97k-miles-Black-Sapphire-Gobi

More Pictures Below

7-27-13
-Installed Shortened Ride Height Links
-Installed Rear Toe Bars

5-10-13
-Red Calipers

4-21-13
-Installed CBV
-Installed FPS
-Installed fuel filter

11-19-12
-Installed Relief Valve
-Loaded Tune (again)
-Flushed and filled angle gear, AOC/Haldex, Rear Diff

9-27-12
-Removed EST Touring Exhaust/Installed IPD Oval Exhaust

9-22-12
-FMIC installed

9-1-12
-Installed camber bushings
-Left rear camber went from -2.6 to -0.8
-Right rear camber went from -1.6 to -0.4

9-30
-Installed Subwoofer

8-12-12
-Powergrid Street Adjustable End Links installed

6-6-12
-Adam's Rotors Sport I's
-Hawk HPS pads
-Powerflex bushing in lower transmission mount

6-2-12
-IPD Sway Bars
-IPD Subframe Bushings

5-30-12
-Installed Defi Blue Racer Boost Gauge w/vent pod

5-22-12
-Removed Amber from headlight assembly

4-28-12
-Installed all new struts/shocks
-Installed TME springs
-Installed EST touring exhaust

4-23 Update

Current Stage 0
-Transmission Fluid Flushed
-OEM Spark Plugs
-IPD HD Coils
-Elevate Upper Engine Mount
-IPD Blue Lower Transmission Mount
-Cleaned K&N
-Brake Fluid Flush w/ ATE Super Blue
-Coolant Flushed
-Fuel Filter, PEM, Fuel Pump, Fuel Level Sender, Fuel Pressure Regulator replaced under warranty

Remaining Stage 0
-New struts/shocks at all 4 corners (damn leaky struts! seriously set me back here)
-Angle gear fluid flush ? (Do I need to do this? My angle gear was replaced at 20k, now at 64k)
-XC90 Spring Seats (when springs go in)

Current Mods
-R Kelly CAI
-K&N Air Filter
-Snabb Turbo Intake Pipe
-Ultra Racing Upper/Lower Braces
-EST Downpipe (Ceramic Coated)
-NovusTech 15/5 spacers
-Michelin Pilot Super Sports (not really a mod, but hey, they're awesome)
-5k HID Fog Lights
-6k Low Beams

Waiting to be Installed
-New Struts/Shocks (Monroe C2501/C1501)
-TME Springs
-IPD Track Spec Sway Bars
-TKI Powergrid Adjustable Street End Links
-EST Touring Exhaust (if/when it gets here...)
-MTE Tune (after ECU Clone)
-Forge CBV (After tune)
-Red Calipers

Future
-FMIC

So, that's it... at least I can keep track of my crap now.

Decided not to go with the phuzzy power pack; a couple of my friends have had weld quality issues and although Phuz makes the situation right, I don't want to deal with the hassle.

4-14
-Installed EST Downpipe

More Pictures!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I would do iPd upper engine + trans mounts.

Have you replaced your angle gear fluid? Mine was pretty burnt by 60K

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't replaced Angle Gear Fluid, but a new angle gear was put in at 20k miles... I'm nearing 60 now, should I flush it?

Forgot to mention, I already have an IPD tune ready for loading :)

Also, just ordered an elevate upper engine mount today. Good call on the transmission mounts though.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I think Viva has both the large and small poly bushings for the trans mount. you could try those out. The iPd one only has the large bushing in poly. The smaller one is still OEM rubber crap.

As for your angle gear fluid... maybe just check it out and make the call after you see what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Xc 90 or ipd hd seats. I also did the strut mount plates with the TME install. Read lots of threads that said new seats in old mounts made noise and you end up taking it apart twice, worth the extra $ in parts IMO.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Xc 90 or ipd hd seats. I also did the strut mount plates with the TME install. Read lots of threads that said new seats in old mounts made noise and you end up taking it apart twice, worth the extra $ in parts IMO.
I think i'll leave the strut mounts up to the mechanic

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Its about $150 for the parts depending on where you source them for OEM, aftermarket are cheaper but that is a choice to be made. I know if I put mine back together and got noises after spending $1,500 (new struts for me as well) I would have been totally pissed.

I absolutely love my TME springs. After a few months they have settled in nicely and when on even ground the back and front sit dead even to my eye. Handling is way better, advanced is tamed and sport is pure sex. I find myself spending more and more time in that setting. Comfort only shows up for sh!tty bumby roads in town and on highway cruises for long distance. And from stock to TME the comfort setting still feels like a nice luxury sedan riding down the road. They are not the cheapest option, but worth every penny IMO.

I too am eyeing up the Phuzzy power package for PHMIC and DP in the spring (tax return and bonus here we come). He makes nice stuff and a little over an hour from me. I am actually looking for local shops that may be able to have it anodized black for me. Then IPD stage II some time after that.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha! It took me 10 minutes to search, but I found my old thread. All the cool people seem to have their own build threads, so now I'm going to prove that uncool people can have one too. Can't believe it's only been 5 months, lots of updates. Hell, the initial thread isn't even that relevant anymore...

Here's what I have done so far...(since I ended up not selling this car after my fuel debacle see: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?166453-I-Am-On-My-4th-Fuel-Pump-in-a-YEAR

Stage 0
-Transmission Fluid Flushed
-OEM Spark Plugs
-IPD HD Coils
-Elevate Upper Engine Mount
-IPD Blue Lower Transmission Mount
-Cleaned K&N
-Brake Fluid Flush w/ ATE Super Blue
-Coolant Flushed
-Fuel Filter, PEM, Fuel Pump, Fuel Level Sender, Fuel Pressure Regulator replaced under warranty

Remaining Stage 0
-New struts/shocks at all 4 corners (damn leaky struts! seriously set me back here)
-Angle gear fluid flush ? (Do I need to do this? My angle gear was replaced at 20k, now at 64k)
-XC90 Spring Seats (when springs go in)

Current Mods
-R Kelly CAI
-K&N Air Filter
-Snabb Turbo Intake Pipe
-Ultra Racing Upper/Lower Braces
-EST Downpipe (Ceramic Coated)
-NovusTech 15/5 spacers
-Michelin Pilot Super Sports (not really a mod, but hey, they're awesome)
-5k HID Fog Lights
-6k Low Beams

Waiting to be Installed
-New Struts/Shocks (Monroe C2501/C1501)
-TME Springs
-IPD Track Spec Sway Bars
-TKI Powergrid Adjustable Street End Links
-EST Touring Exhaust (if/when it gets here...)
-MTE Tune (after ECU Clone)
-Forge CBV (After tune)
-Red Calipers :D

Future
-FMIC

So, that's it... at least I can keep track of my crap now.

Decided not to go with the phuzzy power pack; a couple of my friends have had weld quality issues and although Phuz makes the situation right, I don't want to deal with the hassle.

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
Thread renamed as per your request :D Not sure I'd call your R awesome as it is right now, but if you do complete that list above, then It would be.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Just wait til I get the sport kit ;)
Atta boy. Nice thread refresh. I like that you make your Stage 0 stand out. As more and more new members are getting increasingly used R's with perhaps multiple owners, I believe that it's a very worthwhile effort that must be made before tuning.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
This thread is awesome, glad I clicked on it :D

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,740 Posts
Many, many, people have performed several and more extensively ill-advised modifications prior to you. Please try harder to obtain your awesome thread status. Don't get me wrong, I do encourage it. :)

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Many, many, people have performed several and more extensively ill-advised modifications prior to you. Please try harder to obtain your awesome thread status. Don't get me wrong, I do encourage it. :)
My car is awesome to me :)

1 - 20 of 170 Posts