SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first time poster, been lurking for a bit though.

Recently purchased a 2019 XC90 Inscription and after driving it for 1k miles and seeing a lot of the positive reviews for Polestar, I figured I'd spring for it.

I was recently quoted $1128 all in (tax/labor), but from what I've seen on these forums, it looks like a common quote is $895 - I'm also assuming this includes tax/labor. By any chance, does someone happen to have a dealership in the NJ/NY/CT area that they've received a more competitive quote than the $1128 I'm getting?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi all, first time poster, been lurking for a bit though.

Recently purchased a 2019 XC90 Inscription and after driving it for 1k miles and seeing a lot of the positive reviews for Polestar, I figured I'd spring for it.

I was recently quoted $1128 all in (tax/labor), but from what I've seen on these forums, it looks like a common quote is $895 - I'm also assuming this includes tax/labor. By any chance, does someone happen to have a dealership in the NJ/NY/CT area that they've received a more competitive quote than the $1128 I'm getting?

Thanks in advance!
If I recall correctly, I paid $1,000 all-in from Smythe Volvo in Summit. This was some time in 2017, shortly after I got my XC90.

·
Registered
415 Posts
if u just purchased the xc90..u can contact Volvo and from what I have read on here, they can mail u a 15% (or maybe its 20%) coupon that you could use.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Okay great, thanks. I'll try reaching out to them.
Smythe is a FANTASTIC dealer BTW - better than any other car dealership (regardless of make sold) I've dealt with.
Just a word of caution about Smythe Volvo. A fellow Swedespeeder bought a CPO V90 from Smythe Volvo that was not disclosed to be damaged prior to purchase. After returning the V90 it is again for sale without disclosure of the discovered damage, as of this writing. The whole history is in this thread and post #77 pretty much sums it up.
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?592721-Photos-of-my-V90-with-some-bad-news/page3

·
Registered
413 Posts
Smythe is a FANTASTIC dealer BTW - better than any other car dealership (regardless of make sold) I've dealt with.
Yeah - good one!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Make it 30% but capped at $200.
Every time I purchase a Volvo accessory (like Polestar) I contact Volvo customer care via email and they email me a rebate form. Latest one is 30% off up to $200 back. Just keep in mind it is rebate that has to be mailed into rebate company and sends you rebate back in 6-8 weeks through ACB rebates.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just a word of caution about Smythe Volvo. A fellow Swedespeeder bought a CPO V90 from Smythe Volvo that was not disclosed to be damaged prior to purchase. After returning the V90 it is again for sale without disclosure of the discovered damage, as of this writing. The whole history is in this thread and post #77 pretty much sums it up.
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?592721-Photos-of-my-V90-with-some-bad-news/page3
Well that's disheartening...I'll keep it in mind. We're headed back to look at an XC60/40 for my wife in a few weeks. To be fair, my buying experience was great, albeit short because I got A-line pricing (that I don't think I was supposed to get on an XC90 Inscription at that time) so there wasn't much of a negotiation. I'll stand behind the service department solidly in my experience though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts