SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
emailed a dealer about one, and their special "e-price" for me was $2000 off MSRP ... $54,xxx ... LOL!

what are folks paying for theirs?

also, any rumors about tuning options for these cars? my last few cars had a bit more power. im not looking to go crazy, but 40-50 more hp would be nice ...

thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got 7% off of MSRP before incentives the 1st month car was out. Basically invoice minus incentives (which are more now anyway). Shoot for at least 10% off.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Be sure to get the Polestar Optimization; you will be pleased. Also add the Sport Chassis; it is sadly not standard with the R-Design.

Prices are falling on the S60; the best deals are still ahead. IMHO, by late summer there will be BIG discounting...
Regardless, it is a great car NOW!

The R-Design T6 is the smartest configuration for the S60, if you have any sporting intentions/aspirations for your ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been getting anxious due to inventories really only being those that are $52,000 - $55,000. I found one that is what I want, and I doubt I'll do better than this over the summer, correct?

MSRP: $51,060
Selling price: $42,380
Loyalty: $1,750
Adj. Cap. Cost: $40,630

NY Tax of 8.375% ($1,310) rolled in.

$438 for 36/12, $1,000 due at signing.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Wow, great deal. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have been getting anxious due to inventories really only being those that are $52,000 - $55,000. I found one that is what I want, and I doubt I'll do better than this over the summer, correct?

That is some nice pricing.
Did you get conquest or S60 loaylty in that deal?
I know there are some good dealer monies on S60 to S60 right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is some nice pricing.
Did you get conquest or S60 loaylty in that deal?
I know there are some good dealer monies on S60 to S60 right now.
Thanks!

I have to go to MD to get the car, which stinks, but they gave me a far better price overall than closer to me (and I have 22 Volvo dealers in a 50-mile range, per the Volvo website!). They are giving me $1,750 in loyalty. NE was just $2,500 last month, and I think it dropped to $2,000 this month.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks! I'm guessing it won't be beaten this summer, or I'll get a similar discount on a more expensive one (what will be left), which will only push up the monthly.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Thanks!

I have to go to MD to get the car, which stinks, but they gave me a far better price overall than closer to me (and I have 22 Volvo dealers in a 50-mile range, per the Volvo website!). They are giving me $1,750 in loyalty. NE was just $2,500 last month, and I think it dropped to $2,000 this month.
Enjoy the nice drive back!
It's a very decent price. Reminds of the old S60 pricing when I was getting mine @ 20% off MSRP.
Makes me think that I might have to go with S60 (my 3rd/4th choice) since it's going to be a lot cheaper than my top choices.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Enjoy the nice drive back!
It's a very decent price. Reminds of the old S60 pricing when I was getting mine @ 20% off MSRP.
Makes me think that I might have to go with S60 (my 3rd/4th choice) since it's going to be a lot cheaper than my top choices.
Yes, I was contemplating a V60 since the old one, and then I really wanted the new one. All the delays, combined with the massive hype = pretty much no discounts, so that one's out until the next car, probably.

I pay $429 a month now, 36/15, MSRP was $41,880, and I got it early, i.e. Sept. 2016.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Yes, I was contemplating a V60 since the old one, and then I really wanted the new one. All the delays, combined with the massive hype = pretty much no discounts, so that one's out until the next car, probably.

I pay $429 a month now, 36/15, MSRP was $41,880, and I got it early, i.e. Sept. 2016.
I'm kind of in the same boat. Paying (for my wagon) $460 36/15 MSRP $49,965, got it 30-Sep-2016.
Keep waiting for the V60CC, but I hate the split/skinny steering wheel.
So I'm willing to settle for the S60 R-Design if the discount is right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat. Paying (for my wagon) $460 36/15 MSRP $49,965, got it 30-Sep-2016.
Keep waiting for the V60CC, but I hate the split/skinny steering wheel.
So I'm willing to settle for the S60 R-Design if the discount is right.
We got our cars the same day! Haha.

I've seen some decent discounts on the R-design. Have you driven it? I had an extended drive (loaner) on a MOM.

I see you're in NJ, so we're really in the same boat. I have the name of a salesman in NJ who was ehh, but I also have some names that someone else gave me, and they've all been good. This person says the dealer I'm going to is a little shady, but so far, I'm getting what I need.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
We got our cars the same day! Haha.

I've seen some decent discounts on the R-design. Have you driven it? I had an extended drive (loaner) on a MOM.

I see you're in NJ, so we're really in the same boat. I have the name of a salesman in NJ who was ehh, but I also have some names that someone else gave me, and they've all been good. This person says the dealer I'm going to is a little shady, but so far, I'm getting what I need.
Yeah, I drove it. It's weird to drive a sedan now (used to higher clearance/center of gravity by now with V60CC and XC60).
It does drive like a dream though.
I pretty much always go through the same dealer without talking to any sales people.
When you're looking next time - PM me, I can help)

·
Registered
199 Posts

Excellent; that's about as good as it will ever get. Prices fell way faster than I had thought. Nice job!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Excellent; that's about as good as it will ever get. Prices fell way faster than I had thought. Nice job!
Thanks! It's only one dealer giving me this; others are still significantly higher, but I ran with it/am running with it. I'll post pictures once I get the car in 2-4 weeks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The car is actually going to be more like $431 because I'm removing the protection package. I'll use my old Volvo rubber floor mats or beg them to throw in new ones. I might roll in some of the up-fronts, like first month, since I got rid of that package, bringing it back to $438. Either way it's barely above what I pay now, so I can't complain!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hopefully prices drop a bit.

how about performance upgrades for a '19 S60 T6 R-design? i took a step back in power with my current car, and dont really want to take another step back with the S60 ... searched around, but didnt see anything. not looking for anything radical - i want to maintain reliability, but 350-360hp would be nice ...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Polestar optimization will get you to 335hp and HeicoSportiv goes to 340. That's about the outer safe limit with this engine.
There are a few discussions going on regarding chip mods but that's unproven so far.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Polestar optimization will get you to 335hp and HeicoSportiv goes to 340. That's about the outer safe limit with this engine.
There are a few discussions going on regarding chip mods but that's unproven so far.
On 2018 S/V60 Polestar cars, they managed to boost the Drive-E engine to 360HP. We all dream it could be made possible to our cars but it only stays as a dream. I think it still safe, just they don't want to get EPA to certify more niche models.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
On 2018 S/V60 Polestar cars, they managed to boost the Drive-E engine to 360HP. We all dream it could be made possible to our cars but it only stays as a dream. I think it still safe, just they don't want to get EPA to certify more niche models.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
The Polestar eDrive in 2017 & 2018 had a bigger turbocharger, more-aggressive valve timing, stronger connecting rods, a high-capacity fuel pump, and a larger, freer-flowing intake system fitted with a low-restriction filter. And a bigger 3.0-inch exhaust system and more.
And it was only rated at 362hp and 347tq. So getting to 335hp and 325tq without any of this added hardware is still pretty good.
But yes, the 10% more power would be sooooo nice.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts