SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 S40 Premium Sound Upgrade Speakers... Anyone?

I am interested to know if anyone has upgraded their speakers with the premium sound. I have installed a set of Diamond D361components in the rear but after trying them out they sound HORRIBLE! CLIPPING POPPING ! on anything past half way. Bass is non existent and just plain bad for these awesome speakers. I figured it was low power from the stock amp so I installed an INFINITY REFERENCE 7541 4 channel amp using the speaker high level outputs into the amp and then back into the specific channels. This is very easily done where the stock amp is located in the rear of the trunk. Proceeded to test after installing and since I hadn't upgraded the front speakers from stock I realized awesome the stock fronts sounded with the amp installed! No clippping popping just clean bass and highs. Then faded to the rear and althogh it helped a but the speakers till popped and cracked at a higher volume! So thinking my rear components were bad I connected my front set to the amp and again HORRIBLE! I figured I was sold two bad pairs of components so I tried one more thing and connect my ipod directly to the amps input and tried that. AMAZING! Sounds like there is a sub installed with clean highs and mids all running of the ipod straight to the amp!<br>I am convinced that the stock amp somehow is crossing over at a higher ohm rating bu other than that I can't think of anything. The stock speakers in the front really BENEFIT from the new amp but the aftermarket speakers sound HORRIBLE and clip/pop! When I bypass the am using only the power of my ipod I get TRULY AMAZING digital sound that I am looking for. What could be the problem? Any one having the same issue? Solutions?<br>I will declare that the system is fiberoptic to the rear amp and then its just one set of speaker channels to each. Front speaker/ tweeter run of one channel and same with the rear. I am considering just connecting my ipod to my amp through a home dock with a remote and not turning on my stereo as a solution to having great sound with unlimited music.<br>Can't say enough about the Diamond D361 component sets! AWESOME! with the INFINITY REFERENCE 7541...<br>Suggestions?<p><br><i>Modified by snoops79 at 9:20 AM 5-25-2006</i><p><br><i>Modified by snoops79 at 9:20 AM 5-25-2006</i><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by snoops79 at 9:21 AM 5-25-2006</i>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts