SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PSS (6disc changer). Starting for the first time of the day, the real will turn on with the ignition and I'll change the station and the sound turns off, station will stay on the previous channel and no buttons will work. If I push and hold down the power cord a couple second the radio will act like it is rebooting with the starter up screen then the system works fine for the test of the day. The issue was very sporadic (may be one every 10 times) now it is every morning. Doesn't seem to matter is I leave it on the first channel for a hour then change it..

Additionally the rear drivers appear to not be working at all which has been the case since I bought it 9 months ago.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Mine was doing this too. There is a TNN for this issue where the dealer needs to do two software updates. I went round and round with the dealer with this issue. They did a software update, replaced the ICM and still had the issue. Turned out that they had only done one of the software updates.

TNN 39-48

Software:
30667220-5 ICM Upgrade
30667242-9 Total Upgrade

Here is my old thread: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?140029-Radio-Freeze-Still&highlight=radio+freeze
Stan

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The update did not change the sound quality or functionality but it did cure the problem. I find the sound quality of the Premium Sound System to be quite excellent even without the sub once you dial in the eq. There is some wild humps in the bass response that need to be tamed. Adding sound deadening to the roof help this immensely. I still want to deaden the doors. After 176K miles of heavy playing, I think my speakers are showing wear and I hope to replace / upgrade in the near future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts